The Official TCS Babbling Games - Contest Now Open!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, no, you broke the rules! This post will still be counted in the thread, but it can't win you a prize.

View media item 183267
1. Minimum of 15 words per post.

Don't bother with counting words. Just make sure your posts are longer than one line and you should be ok.

2. Proper English. Please don't just hit randomly at your keyboard. No gibberish allowed and as with other posts on the site, try to avoid texting abbreviations.

3. Comprehensible posts. Your posts can be drivel, but they still need to make sense. Avoid using automated text generators. It's a babbling thread, but we still want to see communication with your fellow members.

4. Original posts only. Please do not copy and paste text from another source. Not even from this site. Not even if you were the author. Just write something fresh for this thread.

5. No consecutive posts. You can't add a reply if yours is the last post in the thread. If anyone starts talking to themselves to speed things up, they risk getting banned from this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

thats a cat musician if i ever heard one....lol...what do you do with all that stuff? sometimes i try again and hope he will change his mind...never happens.
Not usually TOO much of a problem.  We have 13 cats, so usually what one of them doesn't like someone else will!..  
..... Mr. Sniff's most popular game is carrying around a wand toy.  He takes the wavy part in his teeth and drags the stick part around behind him, and half a dozen of the other cats follow him all over the house.  It's hilarious.  And it's even funnier when he gets bored with it and just drops it somewhere.  The other cats look at it and keep expecting it to move.  They'll sit on the floor staring at it for awhile before they finally get tired of waiting...

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@catlover19 That dinner sounds good!
Oh it was. 
 It would have been worth it if we had paid full price. It should have been $93 plus tip, we paid $25 (just for drinks) and gave a $17 tip.
Was the movie any good, I couldn't tell from the previews, it seemed like it wasn't the traditional Frankenstein theme
Yes, it was good. It wasn't a traditional Frankenstein movie, and it ended kind of quickly. It was enjoyable enough for a cheap theater, but I wouldn't pay to see it in an expensive theater. We bought a "deal" package - 2 admissions, 2 drinks, 2 candies and a popcorn for $20.

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is Sunday all ready and it is hard to enjoy the day off sometimes when you don't want to go to work Monday.......wish I could stay home all day with my pets
Boy can I relate to that! Currently working 6 days a week overnights- this is my evening off... trying to load it with nice things like a yummy home cooked meal for lunch & dinner, plenty of interesting things to watch on DVD's, & enjoying my son's & critters company. One day off goes by sooo fast, don't it? *sigh* :(

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
 @katachtig!  I know everyone thinks of me as a babbler but I always think of you!  I can't get enough of your family tails - or it is tales?   Can we expect the Purple Glitterball game to surpasse the Mouse game?  Someone must have been playing tricks with that ball....   or could Keg have been less than the truth?  Is there a mystery to be solved?  I have a need to know.

On a slightly different note, I am amazed at what a tallented bunch of babblers we have on TCS now.  I am in great company and am so happy that it looks like we will reach 1000 posts way ahead of schedule. 
 Or am I?  What will I do next?  I have terrible memories of withdrawl after the last Babble ended. 

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

@katachtig!  I know everyone thinks of me as a babbler but I always think of you!  I can't get enough of your family tails - or it is tales?   Can we expect the Purple Glitterball game to surpasse the Mouse game?  Someone must have been playing tricks with that ball....   or could Keg have been less than the truth?  Is there a mystery to be solved?  I have a need to know.

On a slightly different note, I am amazed at what a tallented bunch of babblers we have on TCS now.  I am in great company and am so happy that it looks like we will reach 1000 posts way ahead of schedule. 
 Or am I?  What will I do next?  I have terrible memories of withdrawl after the last Babble ended. 
@MServant- you make me blush
.  You must remember that you inspired much of my babbling as I mused about how sad it was that you were beholden to the kindness of others for a good cup tea in the land which invented afternoon tea.

And we do have great inspiration in our new babblers.  Because a babbling brook babbles so much better with more babblers.

I will need to observe the purple ball games as the purple ball has just resurfaced.  Keg swears that he checked everywhere and doesn't know why the black hole decided to return the ball.  Maybe it observed Kiefer in such distress because he was forced to acknowledge the gold ball's existence.

I got a new phone so Keg is no longer Keg, but I like to call him Keg here.  He has decided that wandering in snowstorms is not fun.  Instead he has gone to Boulder, the city of small parking spaces.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
A w(hole) new dimension to babbling threads: photos 
 and the hunt for kitty-toy-eating black holes lurking under furniture and household items / trash cans!  I can't control my excitement. It's all too much, and right when I have two days off and lots of other people are heading back to work after a weekend off.  I will spare the odd thought for all you working at home moms around here as that is the 24/7 job that knows no time off....   you will have to use your human children as assistants in the search for KTE black holes!  I wonder how you go about finding them, and if there is a maximum number you can have within a home?

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

A w(hole) new dimension to babbling threads: photos 
 and the hunt for kitty-toy-eating black holes lurking under furniture and household items / trash cans!  I can't control my excitement. It's all too much, and right when I have two days off and lots of other people are heading back to work after a weekend off.  I will spare the odd thought for all you working at home moms around here as that is the 24/7 job that knows no time off....   you will have to use your human children as assistants in the search for KTE black holes!  I wonder how you go about finding them, and if there is a maximum number you can have within a home?
The toy-eating monster around here is the cabinet in our bedroom.  We can easily count on finding no less that half a dozen toys under there every other day. 

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, no, you broke the rules! This post will still be counted in the thread, but it can't win you a prize.

View media item 183267
1. Minimum of 15 words per post.

Don't bother with counting words. Just make sure your posts are longer than one line and you should be ok.

2. Proper English. Please don't just hit randomly at your keyboard. No gibberish allowed and as with other posts on the site, try to avoid texting abbreviations.

3. Comprehensible posts. Your posts can be drivel, but they still need to make sense. Avoid using automated text generators. It's a babbling thread, but we still want to see communication with your fellow members.

4. Original posts only. Please do not copy and paste text from another source. Not even from this site. Not even if you were the author. Just write something fresh for this thread.

5. No consecutive posts. You can't add a reply if yours is the last post in the thread. If anyone starts talking to themselves to speed things up, they risk getting banned from this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
The toy-eating monster around here is the cabinet in our bedroom.  We can easily count on finding no less that half a dozen toys under there every other day.  :eek:nfire:
Hehe the toy eating monster in my house is the sofa. But my cats they love to put as many toys as possible into their water bowls. Every morning I have to fish out a dozen drowned mice and balls from their water bowls.

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, you know what?  I actually forgot the #1 literal toy eating monster around here - the dog!  He will gobble up any cat toy he finds laying around, so when we let him inside we have to remember to pick up all the toys, and of course we always miss one or two.  He considers them dog treats. ..

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

View media item 183267
Oops- sorry- I meant to say that the quoted post made me laugh.

The kitty-toy-black hole in my house is my husband’s left shoe (never right, for some reason!). Gromit will bury any and all of his crinkly balls and tiny catnip mousies in there.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
No dogs here to eat the toys but I am yet to locate the KTE black hole/s where Mouse's 'little things' go.  There are some that have been missing for over a year and not turned up yet and I have investigated just about everywhere including under fridges and cookers.  I'd previously wondered about alien abductions but black holes are an interesting thought.  I wonder if there could be a worm hole route through to a neighbouring apartment or something?  The more I think about this the more intreguing it gets.  Mouse doesn't seem bothered by any of my mind wanderings - he's snoozing away in his current little box and hasn't stirred for about an hour.  I think we might have an early night.  

Uh oh, typed too soon; he just sat up and I think he's looking about the room for bit of food.  He'll be wanting some of his biscuits thrown so he can chase about and catch his supper.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Well I've lost my hairbrush. I've been searching for it all day :sigh:
I'm pretty sure a cat was involved with the disappearance

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

No dogs here to eat the toys but I am yet to locate the KTE black hole/s where Mouse's 'little things' go.  There are some that have been missing for over a year and not turned up yet and I have investigated just about everywhere including under fridges and cookers.  I'd previously wondered about alien abductions but black holes are an interesting thought.  I wonder if there could be a worm hole route through to a neighbouring apartment or something?  The more I think about this the more intreguing it gets.  Mouse doesn't seem bothered by any of my mind wanderings - he's snoozing away in his current little box and hasn't stirred for about an hour.  I think we might have an early night.  

Uh oh, typed too soon; he just sat up and I think he's looking about the room for bit of food.  He'll be wanting some of his biscuits thrown so he can chase about and catch his supper.
I think you're on the right track suspecting alien abduction.  I've considered theft by inter-dimensional beings.  Problem with that theory is that the cats would probably be in on it.  Cats ARE rather other-worldly.  And I think mine see ghosts.  Maybe it's the inter-dimensional beings they see!  Oh noes! ...

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
   oh noes, I think all my kitties have too, and Mouse quite regularly does that 'I saw something' vertical leap from nowhere and racing off thing....   and if he could be in cahoots with anything or anyone to confuddle me even more than I usually am he would definitely take up the opportunity!   

Does using the 'word' confuddle get my post deleted? I hope not because I think it's a great word. 

Last edited:

allenkm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Earlier this week my cat got a hold of my daughter's homework and put it on the litter box, last year he chewed up a math book.....what naughty boys:nod:

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Earlier this week my cat got a hold of my daughter's homework and put it on the litter box, last year he chewed up a math book.....what naughty boys:nod:
One of my cat's absolute FAVORITE thing to do is shred newspapers!  If anybody needs confetti for a special occasion, place your orders! ...

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
The chaotic dance in our household that is called meal time.  First Carly starts to sing that dinner is being fixed. Mew, Mew, Mew. Aoibhe hits her with a paw and then starts to do laps around the kitchen.  Kiefer just tries to see what I'm doing while stretching to put his big fluffy paw on the edge of the counter.  They all sit together for a minute and watch me until Aoibhe grabs Carly's ear in her mouth and again hits Carly who hits back.  Then Aoibhe starts the laps again while Kiefer and Carly wrestle.  Finally food is ready.    Aoibhe and Carly start yelling FOOOOOD FOOOOOOOOD.  Kiefer give a plaintive "Can I have some too?"  He then goes to where Carly's plate belongs.  I have to move him out of the way and put the plate down.  Carly moves to her plate while Aoibhe checks the plate out.  Then Kiefer and Aoibhe move to their spots.  I have to put Aoibhe's food down and move her out of Kiefer's spot because she is standing where his plate goes.  Then Kiefer moves to his plate.  Aoibhe eats a few bites and then runs off somewhere.  Kiefer moves to Aoibhe's plate and finishes her food.  He then is determined to share Carly's food which is not allowed.  Meanwhile, Aoibhe comes back and finished Kiefer's plate.

Show is twice a day.