The Newborn Kitten Is Motionless

Unreacheabledreams

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can someone please help me? It's my first time raising a cat. She's actually a stray cat that I took in a few months ago. She's giving birth right now. She delivered the first kitten but he's motionless... is he dead? 2 weeks ago, a foetus died as well... what is wrong with my cat? Can someone help me asap please? Idk if the newborn is alife or not... what should I do?

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not in any way an expert as I have had help from a lot of the members on here with my kittens. It doesn't sound good to me. Did she clean the kitten and lick the thin sack off the kittens face so it could breathe? Is the kitten breathing and just not moving? Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be on shortly

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try to massage up the kitten, rub it with a towel perhaps.... Warm it up too... Breath inside very carefully - just a liittle... Easy to blow up too much.
If you are comfortable, you can squeeize the chest many times - very carefully but--- you know, as you would with a baby or child whom was drowning.

Do it even now although its over 40 minutes, sometimes they can be revived.
Can someone please help me? It's my first time raising a cat. She's actually a stray cat that I took in a few months ago. She's giving birth right now. She delivered the first kitten but he's motionless... is he dead? 2 weeks ago, a foetus died as well... what is wrong with my cat? Can someone help me asap please? Idk if the newborn is alife or not... what should I do?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Unreacheabledreams

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately no... I couldn't revive her... And my cat haven't delivered the others yet

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So sorry about the stillborn.

Does she appear to have more kittens to deliver? Kittens can be born hours or even days apart.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Unreacheabledreams

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It seems like she got one more kitten to deliver... I hope it'll be okay this time...