The most likely places?

jeanw

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Where are the most likely places that my feral may hide when he's injured? I live in a small residential neighborhood with townhomes on both sides of the street for a block either way and an apartment complex behind me.

Where would you look?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Unfortunately if he's injured, he's most likely to hide somewhere that you can't get to!

Anywhere that's dark, and has a small access hole, which could be so many places. Unused cars, generators, electrical/cable boxes, under patios... If you find the kitty, he's going to find another hiey hole which may not be as safe, so you may be best just keeping on putting food out and hoping for the best.

jimmylegs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i discovered that some of my ferals had found a hole near the base of a nearby house and were hiding in the basement! the house was vacant otherwise, but this could happen in an occupied house. that's the trouble with ferals, they really know how to hide.

cjh27

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi,

take a torch with you an search at night. That way you may be able to see his eyes reflect.

As the others have said- search under cars, in sheds, any dark ans unaccesable place. Start by looking where ever you've seen him before- he probably isn't too far away. It's unlikely that he'll react to you calling him.

Ask people who regularly walk in that area if they've seen him- in other words the post man and people who walk their dog. These sometimes will have seen a missing cat, particularly if a dog has alerted its walker to a cat presence.

Good Luck! I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Christine