The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What more do we want?
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - Well, you did recently remark that you thought you'd like to have a Snowshoe Cat. Mine just knocked the top off the butter dish and ate about 1½ Tbsp of butter, so it you tell me where to aim it, I'll just point that greasy thing in your direction and squeeze.

Ms. Fox must have been happy to see that the rain had stopped; she was out on the back lawn, running back and forth, trying to get me to feed her early. It worked, too.

M maggiedemi - Here's a Feel Good Song to match yours:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - Well, you did recently remark that you thought you'd like to have a Snowshoe Cat. Mine just knocked the top off the butter dish and ate about 1½ Tbsp of butter, so it you tell me where to aim it, I'll just point that greasy thing in your direction and squeeze.

Ms. Fox must have been happy to see that the rain had stopped; she was out on the back lawn, running back and forth, trying to get me to feed her early. It worked, too.

M maggiedemi - Here's a Feel Good Song to match yours:

Aw man, Nitty Gritty Dirt!!!
Our cats love butter. When we make it, they're underfoot and move past that cute meow "we want butter" thing and into the "hand over the butter and we won't insert a lit blowtorch into your ear canal while you sleep" phase.
We make butter every week or two and they ALL like buttermilk and get about 3 drops each. Spoiled brats.:lol2:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's wonderfully cool and cloudy, with rain and thunderstorms forecast for tomorrow *fingers crossed!* Doors and windows have been open all day long, and we are all enjoying the fresh -- or what passes for it here -- air.
Many thanks again for the nice thoughts, M maggiedemi and 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 and everyone. It happened quite awhile ago and I'm good now, except that I am kind of hypersensitive to seeing stunts in films and tv and stuff, and my skin still hurts sometimes. I'm just glad I thought quickly at the time and did the right things.
'Night/day/afternoon/whatever?, all!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 --Great to have you & Hekitty home safe & back with us. :redheartpump:

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --Man, that was like a week's worth of positives all in one post. :eek2:
I love Kenny Rogers! I even like his album cuts that nobody else knows.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --That was a cute song. I wasn't sure where they were going with it, but it was about a little girl. :)
Positive: The only song I know by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band is Mr. Bojangles. That makes me think of the Shirley Temple movies with Bill Robinson dancing. I've seen them all, a definite positive.

Mr. Bojangles by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Positive: The only song I know by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band is Mr. Bojangles. That makes me think of the Shirley Temple movies with Bill Robinson dancing. I've seen them all, a definite positive.

Mr. Bojangles by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
M maggiedemi - I've always Loved that song, and the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band did such a nice job with it too. It was written by a fellow from your end of the state you know - grew up maybe a hundred miles south of you, in Oneonta - Jerry Jeff Walker. What a nice look backward that was. :) Here's what it sounded like in colour:

;)

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It feels good, but a bit scary.
CONGRATS!! All you need to do is be as familiar as you can be with the candidates and the issues, from official voter information guides

Positive - how completely funny the Big Guy looks after chowing down on bonito flakes and invariably getting one or two little ones stuck to his chin or in his bib, and he WILL NOT allow any fussing or removal thereof LOL

I am pleased to present to you Gigantor, the Californa Poppy :thumbsup:

Attachments

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Norachan I am glad you and the cats are safe.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 , this is good news about your ferals

Lari Lari I hope your three-day weekend will be wonderful!

I'm getting sentimental about the photos I took this Summer and while I ease myself into Fall I thought I would share another of my favorites from the Summer.
20180502_200131-2.jpg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'll bet you actually know this one, too, and it is SUCH a feel-good song!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Not sure you all noticed but this is October! Which means time for the next donation in this Fundraiser!!!

It's taken me a couple of days to get a hold of their donations page but I finally just made a donation of $231 to the Appalachian Peace Paws Rescue on behalf of the TCS community! :cheerleader::clap::rock:

Thank you to ashade1 ashade1 for recommending this awesome rescue and a special thank you to @Kieka too who added $20 to the donation! She had won a teeshirt in one of our contests and asked me to add the cost of the prize to this fundraiser instead.

Keep on posting a storm in this last and final quarter of the year! Let's make our donation on January 1st be the largest one yet!

ETA: I just heard back from the Appalachian Peace Paws Rescue. They sent me this message -
Thank you so much! That money is going to go to helping fix community cats! We really appreciate it!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for today is that Swans with babies are a beautiful picture, The sound of the loons are are a very moving thing to experience, foxes are at play, typhoons didn’t scare the kitties away again, others kitties are returning to their special place, ( I am sure the last are soon to follow), the Hibiscus was enjoyed, shared rescue info may be useful to others, a new voter is coming along, we all woke up today, there are great survivors here to teach us all to face any issues, to never be afraid, but instead to respect the power of nature, learn how to stay safe in the face of it, to accept the past, look forward to the future, appreciate how adaptable animals are and to enjoy the music. All those positives come to me from all of you! Thank you! My personal positives are that my sick kitties are improving, my last Feral is getting very friendly and enjoying my company, and I got another long call from my Dad. I am so glad I could be here for him.
One more piece of news is that the last of the three Gingerbread babies found love today and got adopted! This is a very good note on which to end my day. I hope it is for everyone else here too!

BJ the last Feral here.
876D8E54-37AC-4CC5-BA37-707931782857.jpeg

The last Gingerbread baby to get adopted.
2B93588D-5AFE-4E8F-81D2-5BBB113B95FC.jpeg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Holy schamoley
The longest tie breaker baseball game ever, by innings and time,
WE WON
Yes, I lost a lot of sleep watching the game and although I'm disappointed our Cubbies lost I would like to congratulate all the Colorado Rockie fans. :bouquet: My hubby will be glued to the tv tonight to watch the Yankees vs Athletics.

Today's pawsitive - Carleton ran to the sofa this morning and beat me to my special spot on the sofa. I didn't have the heart to make him move either. He has me wrapped around his little, or should I say big, paw. :wink:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would like to congratulate all the Colorado Rockie fans.
Thank you :)!
If the officiating doesn't improve (gads, it was awful) I'm not sure what will happen, plus the travel/playing schedule the Rockies have had to deal with, while the Brewers are sitting there resting....hmmm.
My positive; nonetheless, I'm ever and always a fan, and even with the strike zone going from here to there and back again, ….there's some GOOD baseball happening :popcorn:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird --Thanks for the summary. I think that was your best yet. :D

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 --I think I have that Pooh Corner song, but it's on my Kenny Loggins cd.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --I actually like that Jerry Jeff Walker version you posted better. He's got a really soothing voice. I'm listening to some of his songs right now on YouTube. :)

Positive memory: I remember at the John Michael Montgomery concert in Syracuse, he had a lady to the right of the stage doing sign language to every word of his songs. It was kind of distracting, I kept looking at her instead of him. I thought that was very positive that he did that for his deaf fans!

The Little Girl by John Michael Montgomery

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy schamoley
The longest tie breaker baseball game ever, by innings and time,
WE WON
Furballsmom Furballsmom - Holy cats - a game finally went more than 33 innings? That's incredible.

Anne Anne - That's great news for the cats at Appalachian Peace Paws Rescue!

It's a perfect sixty-six degrees here after three days of wonderful soaking rains, and the sun is breaking through the clouds again. A great day to get the old grill out once more.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I see two more days of rain in your forecast today, and temperatures in the fifties, sixties and very low seventies; that's great news for you after an incredibly hot, dry Summer season!

Status
Not open for further replies.