The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
The Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet always had a Kitten Halftime Show, and five years ago Hallmark channel started the Kitten Bowl. It's great that they have something with senior dogs. I saw some of the Puppy Bowl that featured special needs dogs, one with three legs, another who was deaf and sight impaired.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
A positive-it's almost halfway through my work day. And the sun is shining. Didn't have time for a bike ride-sales reps were here. But at least I can dream it's spring right? This morning black ice all over the place=now it's nice and warm in the 40ish range. I am sure Honeybee is poking around outside but probably not..still need to shovel the deck AGAIN. we are getting more snow on Wednesday..there's 3 feet of snow in areas on my lawn=which gives me time to continue reading the Outlander series-3 more books to go. And thats a positive! any time to read is a good thing!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Completely ignored the Stupor Bowl and everything associated with it, which I see as very PAWSitive.
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- the ratatouille is from a jar, and it's more like chutney actually. It has eggplant, tomatoes, onions, garlic, prunes, and spices, so it's sweetish. I love it as a garnish. I haven't seen that film as I can't stomach cartoons except for Japanese anime. Hope the cake was (is?) good!
Another week begins. Doing wash and trying to make sure this big blue laptop does not fall off my lap while washing. He is very relaxed and acts like he couldn't possibly fall off, because he will be protected. So that is what I try to do :petcat:

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't think Luciano will ever be a lap cat. I've had him 14 months now & he's never come close. Even in bed, he stays down at the foot end, even when the bed is made & he's the only one on it. That's different from the couch, where he seems to like to take my place when I get up, and when I'm sitting he will either sit on the cushion next to mine or below my feet (L shaped couch). Yesterday afternoon my boyfriend was over & Luc was next to me on the couch. Fortunately my boyfriend is thin, and he was able to squeeze in between the two of us, even though that meant he was sitting on the crack between the cushions. He had one arm around me & one arm around Luc, scratching behind his ears. We felt like a little family.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's been a nice day. Raist and Freya are getting on better every day, so I hape big hopes in the possibility of seeing them grooming each other soon...maybe for my brithday? Seeing them playing makes me laugh so much my belly hurts; they are hilarious :D

I loved Ratatouille too 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , MiniCheff is the cuttest rat in the history of cinema, I think :)

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday, I spent some time looking at images from trail cameras put up in South Africa by Panthera, a conservation group working to save wild and big cats. I never know what I'm going to see when the next image comes up. Yesterday's prize was this photo of three rhinos. Three rhinos in one image are pretty rare so that's some of what was so pawsitive but I also thought it was a great shot, composition-wise. It's a bit mysterious. Or maybe I'm just imagining that but whatever, I love this photo.

You can tell they're part of a managed population - note the notches and holes in Baby Rhino's ears. I also think that the rhino on the right has had its horn filed down so poachers will leave it alone. The horn is growing back so it needs another trim. Anyway, I feel very pawsitive that there are people out there protecting these guys!

Rhinos.JPG

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I spent some time looking at images from trail cameras put up in South Africa by Panthera, a conservation group working to save wild and big cats. I never know what I'm going to see when the next image comes up. Yesterday's prize was this photo of three rhinos. Three rhinos in one image are pretty rare so that's some of what was so pawsitive but I also thought it was a great shot, composition-wise. It's a bit mysterious. Or maybe I'm just imagining that but whatever, I love this photo.
View attachment 217578
margd margd - Great photo! The one in the foreground's almost as big as Bob!

A nice day today. Went to PetSmart to pick up an order, then stopped for a few minutes to see a friend who twice-cures and double(and sometimes treble)-smokes his own bacon. Maple sugar / brown sugar and Maple-espresso. I'd offer you a slice, but he only had seven pounds for sale, and... well, you know how it is.

;)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You can tell they're part of a managed population - note the notches and holes in Baby Rhino's ears. I also think that the rhino on the right has had its horn filed down so poachers will leave it alone. The horn is growing back so it needs another trim. Anyway, I feel very pawsitive that there are people out there protecting these guys!

View attachment 217578
A hole-punch for rhino ears?!! :sigh: Well, I guess it's just about come to that. Beautiful photo! Are you all watching "SAFARI LIVE!" on NatGeo WILD!? It's on for the next 4 nights. Live footage in the Maasai Mara and Kruger National Park. Lions, leopards, cheetahs, wildebeest, various other antelopes, etc. Quite beautiful and not to be missed! The Three like to watch with me, which I consider very PAWSitive. :dancingblackcat::clapcat::petcat:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Put the kitten bowl on demand for background watching. They're so cute! It does make me a little sad I never got to see or handle Lelia when she was that little, but she came to sit on my lap for a bit and reminded me she's my perfect kitty. Plus the two cats have been sleepy and pretty nice to each other tonight.

I'm so glad I got to relax at home instead of meeting and driving in the snow.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
It seems like I don't have much to talk about other than baby stuff lately lol.
Talking about baby stuff is what you do when you have a new baby - it's part of the job description. You're talking about much more than baby stuff, though. You're talking about cat-and-baby stuff. So many parents-to-be worry, some obsessively, about how their cats will get along with the baby when it arrives. You're performing a valuable service here demonstrating that babies and cats can get along very well indeed! You're also recording how the relationship between cats and growing baby develops over time. You're an anthropologist, working in the field making important observations of inter-species relationships!
You are the woman.gif

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am enjoying reading each post here, thanks for making my day especially paw-sitive.

On the way from work this evening I stopped for gas and when I swiped my reward card from the grocery store, I discovered I had eighty cents off per gallon! It was a nice surprise at the end of a paw-sitive day, as I had forgotten about the double points and really, I figured the points had probably expired already. As I was proceeding down the highway, I said, how often do you get eighty cents off a gallon and what's the chance of it happening ever again?:lol: I chuckled out loud, and then I asked myself if I realized I was in my car alone chuckling to no one.......but myself!! :lol::lol:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am enjoying reading each post here, thanks for making my day especially paw-sitive.

On the way from work this evening I stopped for gas and when I swiped my reward card from the grocery store, I discovered I had eighty cents off per gallon! It was a nice surprise at the end of a paw-sitive day, as I had forgotten about the double points and really, I figured the points had probably expired already. As I was proceeding down the highway, I said, how often do you get eighty cents off a gallon and what's the chance of it happening ever again?:lol: I chuckled out loud, and then I asked myself if I realized I was in my car alone chuckling to no one.......but myself!! :lol::lol:
R raysmyheart - Nothing to worry about - unless, of course, your start answering yourself.

§ § § §

It's a few minutes before midnight here in America's Northeast, and I suppose I'd better type this fast if I'm going to get one last post - #4848 - in before my first TCS anniversary rolls around.

There must - without exaggeration - be a million various forums online these days; the internet is a vastly different place than it was for those of us who first found USENET back in the dark ages, with our lightning-fast 600 baud modems. Despite the internet being different, one thing remains the same, from the days of the early BSBs right up to the present, and that is that it is the people who populate internet forums who make or break them.

TCS is about cats, but the truth is that cats don't post here (aside from Moo Shu Snowshoe, who ghost-authors my more coherent posts) - people post here, and to keep this short and poorly punctuated, in the one year during which I've been a member, I've met some of the most delightful and caring people on the face of the planet - and from across the breadth of the planet as well. The members here don't simply like cats - they like one another as well - an incredibly uncommon thing on the internet of 2018.

Must type faster; 11:56 on the east coast. Let me explain; no, there is too much. Let me sum up: Buttercup is Marry Humperdinck in little less than half an hour.

Drat. The Princess Bride.

Anyway, it's the people here who make TCS something special - perhaps even something unique - where the kitties romp (safe in their harnesses and on leashes, of course) alongside the Series Of Tubes Filled With Cats Information Superhighway. The members here are incredibly supportive of one another, generous with their time and conspicuous in their knowledge, and comprise what must be one of the most charming - and valuable - of all internet forums, - and I'm very pleased to mark the observance of one year's affiliation with TCS right here, on a thread whose purpose is to raise money for rescue oraganisations - without whom, the welfare and the lives of countless cats would lie severely in question. Bravo! Bravo one and all!

I wanted to have cake for everyone but it's gotten too late! Midnight 2/6.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine !!!!!:party: !!!!!:celebrate:!!!!:cheerleader:!!!!!:goodluck:!!!!!:goldstar:!!!!!:celebrate:

Speedy and R raysmyheart would like to thank you for all the caring and kindness you have given on this site and for making TheCatSite a very paw-sitive place to be!! This is certainly a wonderful occasion! All the best and many, many more anniversaries!

Status
Not open for further replies.