The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow - snow everywhere - except here on the Lake Ontario shoreline! I'm basking in 18º F right now, with just a dusting of snow overnight, so all's right with the world.

A reminder to everyone in the path of the weather: bundle up; keep your gas tanks full; slow down on the road when there's even the chance of ice or poor visibility, and if at all possible, stay home and cuddle with a cat!

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
My office is closed today so I'm working from home - man it's great. Got to sleep an hour later & am working in PJs with Luciano sleeping next to me. I wish every day could be a snow day.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Ashleyannmerk --thanks! IDK if she's gotten it back up and running yet, but amazing designer/Catifier/businesswoman/all around great woman Kate Benjamin has a site called catioshowcase.com where you may be able to see many, many different catios *including ours!*
Really happy with our new gardeners. Not a leaf or a blade out of place! If anything, they seem to be a little perfectionist, which I'm not, so much, but I really appreciate the work they're doing after almost a year of very little being done. Our patio looks about twice as large today after they've skeeched the hedge. Of course it'll grow back quickly, and so, I hope, will our poor Dracena, which seems to be in the wrong place and gets its new growth knocked off (this will be the third time! Oh well, it will grow back).
Black-and-gold laptop curled and warm. All is well.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
We are in middle of snow storm. Heats running. Truck full of gas. Bread just finished baking...making tomato sauce. Gas stove so power can go out and we will be fine.

Oh work closed the shop today. Found out our company will be sold to another company...hoping good things happen...but not holding my breath...investment firm may want to clear us all out. Good news is I have a full pantry, full heating oil and bills all paid for month of January.

ahunter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cinder lives up to the tortie reputation of being a cat with attitude. But she also lives to do agility, wrestle, and sleep at our feet. Most recently, she's taken to playing in an agility tunnel, getting it to roll from one side of the basement to the other. She's a quirky girl!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took Lelia to the vet today to redo her fiv/felv test now that she's been away from all other strange cats (including her foster siblings) for over four months. Tried to tempt her in the carrier with tuna, but she was too smart for that and I eventually had to force her in and and felt terrible and we were late.

The good news is that she got a clean bill of health, behaved for the vet techs and forgave me pretty quickly. And did not scratch me at all even when I had to put her in the carrier against her will. And we won't have to do that again until the summer when she needs her boosters (note to self, buy a bigger, top loading carrier before then because she's now too smart for the "go in and get the treat/toy routine").

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari -- very good news and so glad to hear Lelia is healthy! *The PetMate carriers are airline approved, and load from top OR side. They're widely available.*
Went through my files and started a shredding party, which I always enjoy :climbcat: I know it's pretty dino-y, but some things I don't trust to tech, with good reason. Anyway, my new little shredder isn't as heavy-duty as the old one that lasted yonks, but it's a cross-cut and as long as I treat it as instructed, it should do the job pretty well.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I will look into them! They wanted me to bring her home in a hard sided carrier so I just sort of grabbed one the day I adopted her without thinking too much. I'll definitely be looking into site reviews and more for her next one.

Now off to make some yummy shrimp and asparagus fried rice for dinner. That's a positive to me!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I will look into them! They wanted me to bring her home in a hard sided carrier so I just sort of grabbed one the day I adopted her without thinking too much. I'll definitely be looking into site reviews and more for her next one.

Now off to make some yummy shrimp and asparagus fried rice for dinner. That's a positive to me!
*Sounds scrumptious!*
You can line the carrier with foam and then put a soft blanket in it, too. They can be made quite comfortable. And for cats who get stressed, you can spray Feliway on the blanket and/or foam. Calms most cats right down!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
What is more positive on a gloomy California day when it's only 60F outside and 68F inside than a cup of hot cocoa, a book and a big red cat cuddled up next to me on the sofa? I think I'll turn on the parabolic space heater and aim it at the two of us, it's as good as a fireplace and I only have an electric one which does not heat the whole room and is too expensive to run for long. The heat pump will heat the whole room but will also make my electric bill astronomically high so the space heater it is. It's only 4 pm, too early for dinner, I took a BBQ'd pork rib out from the freezer, have some broccoli or Brussels sprouts with that and maybe one small potato, that will be a good dinner, yum. These are left-over pork ribs from a summer picnic and nobody else wanted them, so I took them home, vacuum-packed them individually and am feasting every so often. There must have been 20 of them and each one was huge, but nobody wanted the bother. I guess these are folks who have always had more food than they could eat and disdain leftovers. Well, that's more for me which is another positive thing.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spent the day driving 'round in very wintery weather, to be sure there was nowhere I needed to go for the next 72 hours. Now the temperature has dropped from 22º F down through 4º F, on its way to the wrong side of zero, but the cats are all snug in their beds, there's plenty of hot chocolate and a 40 ounce (!) bag of York Peppermint Patties - and all's right with the world.

For those in the central Illinois-Indiana corridor, and in coastal New England - stay home!

AmyTheKittyMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got an unexpected package in the mail today and opened it to discover my aunt had sent me a board game. Now, I love board games on their own, but this was a cat related board game, which made it exponentially better. It’s basically Monopoly, but with cats. Instead of properties, there are different cat breeds. Each cat breed card has cat facts on the back, which my sister and I had a fun time reading. We had a blast playing the game, and the kittens showed their approval by sitting in the box lid. :p
I think every cat lover needs this game.
014BC39C-F40F-44A3-8249-F44ED8DEEDCB.jpeg

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got an unexpected package in the mail today and opened it to discover my aunt had sent me a board game. Now, I love board games on their own, but this was a cat related board game, which made it exponentially better. It’s basically Monopoly, but with cats. Instead of properties, there are different cat breeds. Each cat breed card has cat facts on the back, which my sister and I had a fun time reading. We had a blast playing the game, and the kittens showed their approval by sitting in the box lid. :p
View attachment 212734
Me and my sister played this game everyday when we were growing up. It is truly the best.

My new job starts next week and I am so excited! They're even paying for me to take a dog training class with my dog.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 212734
AmyTheKittyMommy AmyTheKittyMommy - I'd never seen Catopoly, and looked it up via Google images. When I saw, "scratch pole," I thought, "this clearly wasn't designed by cat people," but then I looked two squares to the left and said, "wrong - this is definitely the work of cat people!"

catopoly.jpg

Seriously: thanks for posting this - now I know what my veterinarian's getting for his birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.