The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My mama kitty brought me a mouse in my bed one time. I'm terrified of them anyway and to my horror it was still alive and ran up the blankets right beside me and to my pillows! I freaked out and it got lost in my closet! I was never so mad at her! The same mouse later had to be put down let's say in my tub by a friend bcz she caught it again and lost it in there. It was so creepy!

Mama kitty just flew out the door when I was taking the dogs out so after some canned food coaxing from under the porch she's back in safe and sound. The other cats enjoyed it cause another 8 cans later I'm finally off the hook!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Well, it kinda is, I mean I'm very introvert person and I have my blanket, my internet, supplies to last well rest of the year, so I don't need to leave safety of my cocoon until it is 2018.

So my existence in the other's real world is done for this year and thus it kinda is 2018 until I'm seen in outside world again, thanks of these long holidays, what a wonderful recharging time :D
Haven't seen you in a long time. How many hours of the day do you have daylight there these days? I don't blame you for staying in when it's dark.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't seen you in a long time. How many hours of the day do you have daylight there these days? I don't blame you for staying in when it's dark.
Currently from sunset to sunrise it is 5 hours and 7 minutes, it is not so far up north that sun is not seen until next year, but then again we always have cloudy weather, seeing the sun is quite rare exception.

For example at November at some places of this country sun was not seen in whole month because the clouds.

Need to eat loads of vitamin D.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just decided on the names of my new permanent kitties.... Lucy and Ethel! Lucy is the calico and Ethel the Siamese! I love I love Lucy and I actually think Lucy looks like Lucy the little girl on the Santa clause 3 I think it's 3 anyway. So Lucy and Ethel are now my new additions to the family!

And here's a both cute and not so cute pic of katniss...
20171226_215032.jpg
so the ring on my pillow is pee. (She's incontinent for those who haven't seen her before and recently got over a diaper rash) . She hasn't been going on her own as long as I express her either it was to long or she was really sleeping good! She's completely adorable though anyway!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Marcy is chilling on the bed! She still doesn't snuggle, but I keep holding out hope that she will. She gets more affectionate by the day. Her spay operation set her back a bit, but she's now slightly more lovey than before. She may never be a lap cat and that would be ok, but I would really love it if she did get to that point. She's climbed onto the bed for pets before, but she's never had the nerve to relax on it. I can't help wondering what her life was like before we found her. I think she must have been a house cat at one time because she settled into the indoor life immediately. We posted her on the local pet page with no responses so I don't think she was unintentionally lost.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise

Here’s my pawsitive image for the day. I adopted a three-year-old semi feral kitty three months ago. She hid for the first two weeks then gradually started to creep around and explore, darting back to hide at the least little noise. You could tell from her body language that she was terrified, and we couldn’t touch her. Now, three months later, here’s my sweet Mocha chillin’ on the sofa!

katma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A lady friend whose cat had passed away in late November met with my friend Tom, whose neighbors abandoned several perfectly friendly cats. Apparently, after Le Divorce, the husband said he "would take care of them." Har, har.

Luckily Tom, the "cat magnet," has been feeding, socializing, and vetting the friendly outdoor kitties, and one of them ended up going home with S, who is very happy to have a cat again. "Beauty" is her name. She was calm even with a house full of Christmas dinner guests.

God bless Tom and all who care for cats abandoned by irresponsible but otherwise somewhat caring owners. And bless all the humane and rescue organizations whose dedicated members ensure that folks like Tom, who are not made of money, can help abandoned kitties.

I am grateful every time I talk to S because I hear joy in her voice again, because she has a wonderful cat. Beauty, by the way, had had six litters of kittens in her 3+ years of life.

Tom said, "This cat needs a rest!" And now she has a lovely home.

Hooray!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
katma katma That's a beautiful kitty! So glad she got a home. I personally trap all the neighborhood kitties and adopt them out through a nice lady with lots more money than I have. 2 have homes that aren't mine, 3 have a home here and 2 kittens go this weekend for their homes I hope. The last one is still to be determined if he can be an indoor kitty or not. I love people who help them! I spay and neuter everything so don't let ur kitty out near me or I'll get it fixed and rehome it lol!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
krisrath11 krisrath11 SO grateful that Elvis has been out and about the house all day long AND SO IS Baby Su! I saw her in the hallway earlier and so did Elvis, who was in stalking position but DID NOT chase her! I'm hoping this is going to be the start of a new closeness and love between my 3! :bliss:
Here's hoping! :crossfingers:

Just caught 2 kittens from a feral colony! They will find happy homes thanks to a local rescue!
I’m new and just joined, and I hope all kitties needing homes will find their guardian angels now and in the coming new year
@Rctate, @Harleycatmomma, Welcome to TCS! :hithere: You've found the best community of cat lovers on the internet! We hope you and your kitties will be with us for a very long time.

@Rctate those are adorable babies! I hope they find wonderful homes! U are great for helping them!
:yeah:

Aislyn asked me for some water. It was a trick! I had to move Connor off my lap to get her the water and when I came back, he was snuggled on her lap. He's a traitor and she's a kitty thief! Lol they're too cute.
Such a smart child! I bet the new baby will be, as well. I believe you have some interesting times ahead....

I picked up a couple of bead garlands on sale at the grocery store today. It's not "Black Friday," but I've noticed that there are some pretty good after-Christmas sales, as well. I'm about to do some research and see whether I can find some goodies on sale on eBay. And I just bought Hidden Figures, the book on which the movie was based for $2.99. I'm very much looking forward to reading it.

Margret

Margret

inkxpencil

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Finally, after two years of my cat Rory and my dog Ollie not getting along we had some success! Both Rory and Ollie came nose to nose with one another, they just sniffed each other curiously before going back on their way! I have never been so excited! I'm hoping for more positive experiences with one another!

katma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i was able to pet HRM Lord Nibbler today. he hissed at me but I ignored it rightly judging it to be a perfunctory hiss. we talked to the vet and are going to try him out on a small dose of anti anxiety pills for a short while. he's having a hard time getting past wanting back outside. lol.
Hi, HRM's "servant," you may find GNC's Ultra Mega Anti-Anxiety cat treats will work, after the initial dose of pills run out. Not a shill here, I just use them for my big guy so he can chill out a bit. Otherwise he's a total dingdong to his lady "sisters" who have been with me a lot longer.

AmyTheKittyMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m feeling pawsitive since I’ve been spending time with my family and the kittens. We’ve been relaxing, which is so nice after how busy and crazy things have been for us lately.
I don’t have a photo (unfortunately), but Jasper crawled into my lap and fell asleep for a few hours while we were watching a movie. It was the sweetest thing!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I made myself go to the gym this morning! It's been a couple weeks because it was so busy the last couple weeks of school and I needed this.

I'm also glad to know my crazy kitty isn't the only one who baptizes her favorite toys.
My calico cat Pumpkin Face has been drowning her mice for years. Sometimes we will find them in the bowl of food..other times water....I don't know if she's trying to feed them or drown them
.It's been a long time since she has done this though so no you are not the only one with a strange kitty!

Luckily, the only mousies I find in my bed are toys! I wouldn't want to find a real dead mouse.
Aislyn asked me for some water. It was a trick! I had to move Connor off my lap to get her the water and when I came back, he was snuggled on her lap. He's a traitor and she's a kitty thief! Lol they're too cute.
Hahaha Jon is always stealing my cats...They will lay mear me then I get up and they go lay near him or on top of him....I always say to him, "You stole my cat!" and he will say "Come get her!" which I dont because I enjoy seeing her relaxing on him.

Ashouldnt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had a wonderful Christmas! My boys got some new jazzy collars and a whole host of toys and I’m having fun eating leftovers. Gonna be eating turkey sandwiches for the next month.

I’m also making soup from the turkey and pork to take to a homeless shelter tomorrow which should be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.