The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I was gone most of the day yesterday from morning to night but had a glorious outing in the heart of the city. DH and I walked for miles and did more holiday shopping despite the news saying it was Panic Saturday. We unknowingly stumbled into a vegetarian baking demo at one of the stores, enjoyed delicious samples and went home with a zucchini, carrot and raisin cake. :yummy: We stopped for lunch at one of my favorite restaurants to bid farewell since it is closing at the end of the year. Although it is moving to a new location only a block away it won't have quite the same ambiance but fortunately the chef and menu will remain the same. All in all, a pawsitive day! :thumbsup:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@MoochNNoodles Glad to hear that!
Furballsmom Furballsmom I like the plain ones just fine. I'd gladly take those off the hands of anyone who's got some extra :yummy::wave3:
@Mamany1953 Oh, glad to hear that was "fake news" about the breaking up. He has a great voice! Whatever he does will be wonderful, I'm sure.
PAWSitive? My cat lamps that I wrote about yesterday are amazing! They turn about 8 different colors. You can watch them go through the changes over and over, pause them on one color, or just put them on white light. I've always loved lamps and these are my favorites!
Tortoiseshell on lap, and ready to advoCATe for cats here!:yess::gingercat2:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Does your local library have CDs for loan? That's how I get music into iTunes so I transfer them onto my iPod. You can also use Spotify to listen to music.

I braved the crowds at the little grocery store and supermarket this morning :yess: I'm surprised that the little grocery store was jammed pack just 20 minutes after opening:eek:

Isn't downloading from a borrowed CD without paying for it considered piracy? Which is NOT a victimless crime. I have often wondered if copying from a VHS cassette that I paid for once upon a time to a CD would be considered piracy. Does anyone know? That's why I hang on to my cassette player as I have cassettes that I play over and over, particularly at Christmas time, who doesn't like Holiday Inn and White Christmas?
Just got back from the farmers' market (yes, it's year round and this year not missing one weekend) and got cucumbers & tomatoes which grow in Vista, CA about 50 miles south from here and avocados from Riverside. Then stopped at my garden plot and picked a bunch of white globe radishes and admired all the different cabbages getting bigger, also lettuces and Swiss chard with their bright red stems, and lo! spring flower bulbs are starting to show tiny tips. They will be slow as it is quite cold at night, in the 40s and today we had thick fog so no need for watering, yeah! So I'm bundled up for today with a red sweatshirt that says "my cat isn't spoiled, I'm just well trained", socks, my well-worn jeans and fuzzy legwarmers and slippers so I don't have to turn on the heat too much, and will settle in for a lazy day after I have taken care of washing and putting away the veggies. Kitties got fed before I left so they are cuddled up on the bed which remains unmade. They go there when I leave and burrow into my jammies, I guess because they smell of me and they feel lonely without me. It's all very pawsitive.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, segelkatt segelkatt -- the fresh produce! I think a life without tomatoes and cukes isn't much. :yummy:
Not sure on that question, but if you search it I'm sure you'll find out.
I have entertainment going all the way back to some 78s! from neighbors and ancestors. I even have several little recordings made from soldiers to home during WWII times. They aren't really decipherable -- I have a turntable and I tried -- but they're a little bit of history, which interests me. I have a lot of audio and video cassettes, a small collection of DVDs, quite a few CDs. Some 33 1/3 LPs and some 45s. Even a CRT TV, and a bunch of stereos and hi-fis. "A double garage is a wonderful thing." *Especially if you don't have a car.* :D:hellocomputer:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
PAWSitive: Looking at all the beautiful lights on my block. Also, my dear friend next door came over and brought me a bag of deluxe fruits. I had a gift for her, too -- one of those wonderful cat lamps! And she actually got to say hello to Tarifa and ELVIS! (the first time he was brave enough to not run and hide!) (Baby Su, of course, was under her bed.)
I have a Big Blue laptop and I've had a tortoiseshell laptop for most of the day.
Looking forward to a junky noodle kit tonight, with vegetables, plus a green salad, a tangerine, and a cup of tea.
Wishing all the celebrants a great evening and holiday!:evergreen::goldstar:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, segelkatt segelkatt -- the fresh produce! I think a life without tomatoes and cukes isn't much. :yummy:
Not sure on that question, but if you search it I'm sure you'll find out.
I have entertainment going all the way back to some 78s! from neighbors and ancestors. I even have several little recordings made from soldiers to home during WWII times. They aren't really decipherable -- I have a turntable and I tried -- but they're a little bit of history, which interests me. I have a lot of audio and video cassettes, a small collection of DVDs, quite a few CDs. Some 33 1/3 LPs and some 45s. Even a CRT TV, and a bunch of stereos and hi-fis. "A double garage is a wonderful thing." *Especially if you don't have a car.* :D:hellocomputer:
I had inherited a collection of 78s way back in the 60s but as it contained a slew of Southern Baptist religious songs for which I have absolutely no use (although I must say the upbeat tempo is rather fetching) and the few records I found acceptable but not enough to keep a record player that would play 78s I gave them to one of my sons who thought they were just great and proceeded to acquire a machine that would play them. I do have quite a few 33s, a small collection of 45s, a larger collection of cassette tapes and CDs. I do have the means to play all of those and as it would mean quite an outlay to have those all transferred onto a more up-to-date medium which is going to go out sooner or later I will just keep them. After I'm gone somebody else can toss them or keep them.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt Yes, these archival materials are replacing our oral traditions, and losing them is losing our history! So it is good that you and your sons are interested in them. My ex and I used to haunt used bookshops where there were wonderful books (quite a few of which are here now), vinyl, cassettes, VHS and CDs. They are all gone now, which is sad not only because of what they offered, but also because several of them had shop CATS and we loved to visit with them.
Furballsmom Furballsmom Thank you for thinking of me! That lady is quite wonderful, don't you think?
Tortoiseshell on lap after spending a blissful night with all "3". It was very foggy this morning and the ground was wet, so the plants are happy! I put used coffee grounds around 3 of the trees in the back, as I've heard this is a beneficial thing to do for them. The sun has come out, we're fed, watered and happy, and I'm doing wash and working. Best to all here!
IMG_1086.JPG
*Misty morning*

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a nice surprise this morning:
20181224_110903_Burst01.jpg

I hadn't gotten the girls anything because I'd received some small cat toys from my secret Santa at school, and I figured I'd just give them some special food treats, but apparently they're getting presents after all.

I really am marrying the right man.

Off to my parents' house soon. It should be a few fun days ahead!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 NO DOUBT!!! :clapcat: That looks like a truly great box. May Emma enjoy it muchly! :happycat:

Lari Lari This is very good. I would NEVER stay in a relationship with anyone who didn't acknowledge my love for my cats/share that love/demonstrate that shared love! :yess:

Furballsmom Furballsmom Tamar is a wonderful person. I've followed her for years. She has a great blog!
IMG_1090.JPG
*Winter roses*

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 NO DOUBT!!! :clapcat: That looks like a truly great box. May Emma enjoy it muchly! :happycat:

Lari Lari This is very good. I would NEVER stay in a relationship with anyone who didn't acknowledge my love for my cats/share that love/demonstrate that shared love! :yess:

Furballsmom Furballsmom Tamar is a wonderful person. I've followed her for years. She has a great blog!View attachment 267871*Winter roses*
Thick fog here this morning also, the sun did not make an appearance until after 12 and it is still not clear although the sky is a brilliant blue above, fog still lingering in the low elevations, the little golf course is sort of sunken and you can't see the bottom of it from up on the street but there are people playing there, you can see their heads and shoulders. It must be clear enough under that fog layer for them to play. It certainly looked weird when I passed there half an hour ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.