The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yay for the India kittens! I'm glad they're doing alright Furballsmom Furballsmom - and glad that you're enjoying the chilly weather from the warmth of inside!

Also, it's nice to know what the error message is on the videos. Thanks for looking it up 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine

One more PAWsitive: it's chilly here, too, and I'm living the brisk air. Here's one of the first trees changing leaves on our block:
IMG_0904.JPG

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One more PAWsitive: it's chilly here, too, and I'm living the brisk air. Here's one of the first trees changing leaves on our block:
View attachment 257605
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - I knew you'd Love Autumn up that way. Don't fret about ceilings falling in. It's an old house; that'll happen now and then.

;)

That picture kills me everytime, and you know it, don't you? :flail::flail:
Thanks for the you tube heads up. We were thinking we might be under a pre-Halloween zombie attack because it's just not working right...
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - I just checked the Microsoft Calendar, and there is no Pre-Halloween Zombie Uprising on it -but holy cow - there sure are a lotta days marked, "beware of Snowshoe Cats."

Furballsmom Furballsmom - I've got your chilly night here as well, but as the clouds break up, I also have about a bazillion stars too. Perfectly Pawsitive!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --Thanks Moo Shu for fixing the videos for us. We need our music. :thumbsup:

@Shane Kent --You're quiet tonight. Hope you got your kitty welcome home party. :)

tinydestroyer tinydestroyer --What exactly happened? You were standing there and the ceiling just caved in?! :eek2:

@tarasgirl06 --That's the great thing about streaming, you don't have to decide who gets the records.

Positive: It's a positive thing that our music videos are fixed. A day without music is like a day without sunshine. Here's another video about old fashioned love type stuff. Hopefully no Grandpas in it. :D

Buy Me A Rose by Kenny Rogers

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - I knew you'd Love Autumn up that way. Don't fret about ceilings falling in. It's an old house; that'll happen now and then.

;)

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - I just checked the Microsoft Calendar, and there is no Pre-Halloween Zombie Uprising on it -but holy cow - there sure are a lotta days marked, "beware of Snowshoe Cats."

Furballsmom Furballsmom - I've got your chilly night here as well, but as the clouds break up, I also have about a bazillion stars too. Perfectly Pawsitive!
:spew::spew::spew::spew::spew:
We need an old people's trick or treat. I'll dress up as a snowshoe and scare everyone. :flail:
Also 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine and Furballsmom Furballsmom I'll join you on that chilly night, there's multiple fireplaces going here and a few dogs that ran out to pee and came back in with teeth chattering.
Pawsitive thought--I'm grateful for indoor plumbing and the midnight run to the outhouse thing is a thing of the past. (OK, I'm not that old. Maybe.)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
there's multiple fireplaces going here and a few dogs that ran out to pee and came back in with teeth chattering.
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - See? I told you those Milk Bone-shaped ice cube trays would get a laugh from the cats!

;)

Here's the video I'd intended for the post to @tarasgirl06 which ended up being MonkeyVirusApocalypsed and usurped by White Tip's sleepy-time photo. This one never fails to make me smile:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi no, we weren't standing under it, thank god. We were on the floor above it, but I don't think that had much to do with it. As mentioned, we bought an old house, so our ceilings are plaster. The "keyed-in" part between the lath must've broken away from the coats of plaster, because we saw this:
IMG_0882.JPG

Nobody in the household was in the room when it happened, and we've blocked off the living room to stay out of there until it's fixed. We did t have any damaged stuff, either, because our pods haven't yet arrived with our belongings. Hopefully, we can get it fixed while we store the stuff, and save some hassle. All in all, just something that happens with older houses. Thanks for the vote of confidence 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine - for about a split second, we were worried we'd been foolish in buying an old house sight-unseen from more than halfway across the country. That was until we remembered how stupidly happy we are to be here, and how much we already love the place. Nothing more PAWsitive than that for us right now! As for White Tip's sleepy time photo- it's hard to not be usurped by such sweetness, even for a classic.

Speaking of sweetness, I think @Shane Kent idea to dress up as snowshoes on our Halloween is inspired! Nobody ever meant trick or treat more literally!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Been out buying the kids snacks, and had to stop by Petsmart, Petco, and not one, but TWO Walmart's
LOL I'm SO glad I'm not the only one who does this

Furballsmom, I also put a shout out for the photo contest this month
It takes me a while sometimes but I catch up eventually, and by golly, I'll be voting ;)

Positive - watching a cat, after zooming up the stairs, trot the entire way across the house to the deck door (which is slightly open, for his nose)... How is it that a 13-14 pound cat can thump each footfall down so hard, yet can be so quiet at other times LOL

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer --Well as long as you aren't in danger of falling through the ceiling, and it can be fixed. Sorry that happened to you.

Furballsmom Furballsmom --You should hear Maggie stomping up the cellar stairs. She only weighs 10 pounds, but she sounds like an earthquake.

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --You're not that old either. I'm not even sure if my dad is old, he's in the other room blasting ACDC. How does he go from listening to George Jones to ACDC in the same hour? :headscratch:

Positive: The road out front is finished and it looks nice! I'm surprised to see they put a yellow line through the center, just like a real road. It's no longer a one lane country road.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --One of my favorites, Pretty Woman is a song we always used to request when out dancing. See if you can remember this one:

867-5309 by Tommy Tutone

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Before I knew my upstairs neighbor, I would hear what sounded like a herd of elephants thundering overhead on a regular basis. Now that I know her (and her cats), all is explained. I love Luciano's daily zoomie sessions, though my apartment is small enough that he can only do about five strides before he has to change direction. I particularly like when he climbs halfway up the ladder, jumps down onto the couch & continues running a few more laps.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My pawsitive today is: cream of crab soup. :yummy: I finally got DH to take the kids and I to a local place that kinds of out of or normal way. They have an extensive menu. Everything from diner food to Sunday dinner. Well we went Sunday and they had cream of crab soup. Homemade. With real crab. I was so excited I ordered the bowl because you know some places a cup of soup is literally 4oz. It was huge! So huge I had leftover soup after ordering that and a buffalo chicken blue cheese salad (which was amazing!).

I'm also still laughing because I played a good joke on DD. She doesn't know it's a joke yet. :evilgrin: She was making her Christmas list (:rolleyes:) and has been asking for a keyboard. (:bawling2: Do you know how annoying kids instruments are!? I mean she also wants a karaoke machine. :p) Somehow our conversation turned to different instruments and me getting her a tuba. I got really excited about that idea. When she walked out of the room I opened a web page and did a search for tubas for sale. She came in and saw that over my shoulder and walked away going "Oh no. .. Oh no." :flail: :crackup: I need a tuba sized box.... :D

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's one of the first trees changing leaves on our block:
View attachment 257605
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - That's a great shot. We're probably one week ahead of your neck of the woods here in the Northeast. The big Maple up front early this morning:

oct17front.jpg

Pretty pawsitive, no?

See if you can remember this one:

867-5309 by Tommy Tutone
M maggiedemi - I remember all those numbers!

Just a little brisk here today, but we've exchanged our grey skies for bright blue in the last hour or so, and the big yellow circle is up there once more!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A azpops --Aww, I think he's just scared. Demi was like that when he first came here. My brother wanted him, but he wouldn't go with him thankfully. :D

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles --Sounds yummy. Diner food is my favorite.

ileen ileen --Good luck at the vet tomorrow.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --Loved the first one, but the second one had no words.
I gotta have my words. :) Beautiful Maple tree and whatever is to the right is pretty too.

R raysmyheart --Positive: This Dave Matthews song is for you, I know you will love it, it's similar to that other song you posted. I like the "you can rest with me" part. Beautiful words.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
:thumbsup:
And then there is "Bell, Book and Candle" with Kim Novak who makes a really nice witch.
more witchiness - I obviously catch up with things a lot better when I'm on my desktop as opposed to my phone :updown:

multiple fireplaces going here
aaahhh, so toasty
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer that's a wonderful picture (of the tree, not the ceiling :tree: :fallsmiley:) as is yours 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine

Positive, that it's windy but still decent enough outside that a number of fence issues were taken care of

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These songs remind me of my Dad so they make me very hppy. When I was a Sale Manager for the department store, my Dad would have me chasing down these cassette tapes on my lunch hour and after work at record stores, something you could see in every large mall, way back when.

Well, when I would return home from Boston after a long commute, well we woild listen and we shared the love of these songs.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful Maple tree and whatever is to the right is pretty too.
M maggiedemi - A Forsythia; some years it gets great colur, and other years, nothin'. This is one of the good years; in fact, this looks to be one of the most colourful Autumns in the Northeast in many decades!

Best news story of the day? Someone swiped a van full of doughnuts, and when it was recovered by the police, they gave the doughnuts away to the homeless. Cops. GIVING AWAY DOUGHNUTS! Holy cow - I think I just saw a pig fly by the window!

Florida police recover stolen Krispy Kreme van, receive ‘delicious’ reward

Status
Not open for further replies.