The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom - The rain here is taking a break, and fog continues to drift across the landscape as our unseasonably high temperatures have warmed the ground quite a bit. This was the scene a little before dusk, looking down into the gorge:

may3fog.jpg

It's a pleasant minus 407 degrees here right now (Rankine, not Fahrenheit), and all the world's still and peaceful. A fine night for a walk in the woods, I think.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I had a lovely day off.

Cleaned the house, did some yoga and then went for a long gossipy lunch with some friends.

One of my friends is very glamorous and gets to visit all sorts of exotic places through her job. She just got back from Dubai and brought me a souvenir.

Isn't he wonderful?

Camel2.jpg
Camel4.jpg

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I had to take two surrendered tom cats to the vet's early this morning to be castrated. One is friendly, but we were trying to figure out how to get the other into a carrier and finally decided it would be easiest for me to slide a duvet cover over the empty litter box he's been hiding in and take the whole box. Nobody else is at the shelter to help that early in the morning. Whew! He ran into the cover while I was putting it over the box, so it was just a matter of putting the cat and cover in a large carrier. :dancingblackcat:
This is one crazy kitty. We figured he probably hated me after the duvet cover trick, so I became the designated ear mite medicine giver. So - Trae is still hiding from everybody else, but is all over me. He even lets me rub his belly. :yess:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
jcat jcat , love the duvet cover,
He even lets me rub his belly. :yess:
LOL

It's a pleasant minus 407 degrees here right now (Rankine, not Fahrenheit
:einstein: :read:

It's sunshiney for the next couple days, every green thing is thrilled, and last night after the catnip, there were some serious munchies so the freeze dried minnows that the Big Guy was rejecting the past couple weeks were suddenly unequaled in ...YUMMiness :yummy: :lol:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
One of my colleagues brought four plants of Nepeta x faassenii to the office.

View attachment 229529

I never had fresh plants of catmint/catnip before. I'm eager to know how Missy is going to react to it. A very good excuse to leave work early today.
If you want it to grow tall and bushy- pinch off the flowers-it will keep growing. My girls love both cat mint and cat nip. Mint grows tall. Nip is closer to the ground.

I have been really busy with my new old bike this week so haven't had time to come on here- I got it set up the way I like and I go super fast!:running: I need to take more photos when I am out but since I am always in a hurry trying to see how fast I can get from point A to point B I never have time to stop for photos but gonna try today.

The weather has been hot and steamy. 80s wed and thurs. Humid yucky. Today around 70. It could stay 70 and that would be fine.

I also almost didn't go to work-there are yard sales I wanted to go but I needed to pick up my bike here at work so I just went in. I am thinking of leaving early. :anticipation: Half the folks here are blowing out at noontime...it's a ghost town today! :redtongue:

Ok off to read the other posts to catch up! :cloud9:

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mama africa mama africa , that Japanese Maple against the blue sky is SPECTACULAR !!!
Of course so is Missy on the patio... ; )
Docs Mom Docs Mom - I just tried to capture the beauty displayed by Mother Nature, who has been very generous with blue skies this year.

If you want it to grow tall and bushy- pinch off the flowers-it will keep growing. My girls love both cat mint and cat nip. Mint grows tall. Nip is closer to the ground.
Thanks foxxycat foxxycat for clearing this up.

Another sunny day here in Belgium; the white lilac tree blossoms are flirting with the sunlight; unfortunately I'm not able to share the scent.

IMG_8969.JPG

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Lovely mama africa mama africa . I adore the smell of lilacs & I'm remembering the white and light purple lilac trees/overgrown bushes that were in my backyard growing up. Many of the delis in NYC sell flowers and have them out in front of the store. This time of year, I bury my face in the lilacs, and usually wind up buying a bunch of the most fragrant ones to bring home. I love the pink and dark purple varieties as well.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I have two colors of lilacs=classic purple and these pink ones. The pink ones open 2 weeks later...don't see white ones that often. They do smell lovely!

Just got back from a longish bike ride on new bike. 10-11 miles=google maps and my speedometer don't jive go figure. It was cloudy rainy earlier on the bike and now the sun is shining so a lovely Spring day- 70ish. Much better than the 85ish it was wed and thursday.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a warm 542.67 R here, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine and heading toward an uncomfortably hot weekend, but it is what it is!
Oh, I have *camel envy* bigtime, Norachan Norachan -- what a gorgeous one-humper! He is truly spectacular. My camel collection is small, but treasured and I have one- and two-humpers! None from Dubai, though.
Shane Kent Shane Kent beautiful pix! Not sure about your new acquisitions but don't you just love the amazing finds from the thrift shops? My absolute favorite is a tiny torbie type kitten I bought for $.50 a long time ago at a Good Will shop. She is so cute.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This time of year, I bury my face in the lilacs, and usually wind up buying a bunch of the most fragrant ones to bring home. I love the pink and dark purple varieties as well.
ileen ileen - You're very fortunate; when I do that, I usually get a Bumblebee up my nose!

;)

It's genuinely lovely here today - bright and sunny after an overnight rain, with the temperature hovering right around 300 (Kelvin, of course), and it seems that not everything here is behind schedule, since the snapping turtles have climbed the bank already, as they always do to lay their eggs on higher ground.

There's a "severe thunderstorm watch" in effect here, and the plants and lawn can use all the nitrogen it will supply. Here comes Summer, everyone!

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I do love browsing thrift stores as I find stuff that is like new, especially small stuffed toys. I have Pooh, Tigger and found Eeyore last weekend. Taz loves his small stuffed toys and he carries them around the house. He brings them to us in the TV room, puts them on his chair in the upstairs living room and brings them to bed.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent how adorable! My beloved Marley angel had a blue sweater she loved to lay on. Sweet Samuda angel got up on "her" chair where the sweater was and grabbed it in his mouth, running off with it to a favorite spot in another room. I caught the entire process on (35mm) camera and treasure those pix.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent and tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , the figurines are lovely and I am a lover of cat figurines, also! I have an Enesco siamese figurine that I do adore and I love to see cat figurines that others enjoy.

It has been a wonderful day here and I also have a chance to catch up on the interesting posts, as well.

I was in time to snap this great sunset at my night job this week. Always lots of pink, coral, and blues here.
20180502_200131-2.jpg

Not seen in the photo, but very special is to see the lights twinkling to the north of this location in the hills of the nearest city. It is very magical.

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mother Nature is a funny girl. She sent a gorgeous day today until a few minutes before five, and then the sky blackened, and the winds roared up to sixty miles an hour, heralding a thunderstorm which skipped right over, pushed north by the lake temperatures.

By eight o'clock, the sky was almost clear again, filled with the remnants of threatening clouds, now quite nearly dispersed, and the old girl left this in place of the storm.

sunsetmay4.jpg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I was so excited about my camel yesterday I forgot to read everyone else's posts.

:paperbag:

Norachan Norachan - A smaller chainsaw is almost always the best way to go. I can't even remember the last time I started one of the bigger saws - a 14 inch bar is plenty for most jobs, and it's a lot easier to control a 14 than a 20 or 24. Bars over 24 inches are just accidents waiting to happen.
I think this size is perfect for me. I really only need it for removing dead branches. If I ever need to take down one of the big pines I'll have to call in the real lumberjacks. They're at least 10 meters tall, they'd take down the fence and probably the house too.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine and Norachan Norachan - My wife, co-workers, bosses and friends won't let me use a chain saw. They don't trust me with it and prefer I keep all my appendages.
I told my Dad I'd bought a chainsaw and he made exactly the same noise he made when I told him I'd bought a motorbike. Funny that.

:dunno:

Cool camel, Norachan Norachan . I truly wish my mindset included being able to call a day lovely that involved cleaning the house.
:lol:

I'm a neat freak, I just love a clean house.

Oh, I have *camel envy* bigtime, Norachan Norachan -- what a gorgeous one-humper! He is truly spectacular. My camel collection is small, but treasured and I have one- and two-humpers! None from Dubai, though.
He is lovely, isn't he? I have an elephant that looks somewhat similar I bought while I was in India.

It's a gorgeous spring day here. I have to work until 3 pm, but I'll be able to go out and work on the garden after that.

:cloud9:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine
Now that is the best sunset picture in this thread. What a stunning myriad of colors filtered through the branches. Thank you for sharing that little piece of Her handiwork.

As for me, Mog was soooooo cuddly all evening that I completely lost control of my left hand. He was settled in the crook of my arm, and using my arm as a pillow. If I tried to move, he'd grab my hand in his paws, give me a couple love bites, then nuzzle me back into place with his face. So, rather than fight it, I just gave in, laid back, and watched a silly movie until I napped right along with him.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Over here we have beautiful autumn days. We're sub-tropical so it doesn't get wildly cold, and things tend to flower in a Springy way.

I adore my double impatiens. I bought a tiny seedling from a stall on the side of the road about ten years ago and there's no way I could count all the plants that have been produced from it. Everyone I know who has a garden has one, and I have them in pots and in garden beds. They look like little pink roses.

I don't even remember planting this one..

Status
Not open for further replies.