The life of Cecil

Cecil20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I joined recently to discuss and get advice for my kitten Cecil.

Today he had his operation to neuter him and he's just recovering at home with me now. He seems a bit quieter and calmer but nothing else really. What should I expect over the next few days?

He had some chicken earlier, its just gone midnight here and I'll sleep soon, I'm planning on feeding him his breakfast in the morning as he doesn't seem particularly hungry and isn't asking me to feed him.

I love him so much 😊

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
He seems a bit quieter and calmer
Did the vet give him any pain medication? If not, his quiet behavior could be that he is simply recovering from the anesthesia.
Have a really clean litter box easily available for him.
You should see him come back to himself fairly soon. Let us know how things go tomorrow :)

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had 3 male's in total done. Two acted like nothing had happened and one was like your boy, calm and not himself for a couple of day's. I got my kitten done yesterday like you, the vet has said feed him his normal food he didn't ask for it but when I fed him his first meal it was gone in no time. This morning he is picking so it's probably the pain relief wereing off. He didn't pee until this morning like Furballsmom Furballsmom said a clean litter box is a must he should buck up soon. If you are at all concerned don't worry about calling the vet to ask any questions.They are used to it. Hope your little guy has a speedy recovery.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cecil20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One week on and Cecil is doing great. Back to his old self and still very cheeky.

I haven't noticed too much of a change, maybe he's calmed down slightly but nothing drastic.

Here is a picture of him. We were watching snooker on TV under a duvet. I held his little paws 😁

Attachments

Cecil20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you Furball.

Yes it's going well and he's a happy cat I think.

He has a thing now where early in the morning (5-7am) he will climb on top of me when I'm asleep and beg for cuddles. It's very cute, my last cat didn't do this as much. I have noticed that he seems very attached to me, I'm guessing it's because I am the one that feeds, brushes, plays with and cleans his tray. He just lies next to me or on top of my chest and I hug him like a little pillow for an hour or so.

He is great 😎👍

Cecil20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well its been a good few months since I last posted and thought I'd give another update. He has passed his one year birthday and its been over one year since he moved in with me. He's doing so well and is an important part of the family.

He's never been sick or used the toilet outside of his litter tray and he is well behaved 95% of the time. He follows me everywhere and does like to playfully bite my ankles when I go down the stairs but I just take this as part of his personality. He is very cheeky and loves playing but he is also very affectionate and wants to be close to me and cuddled.

He doesn't go outside but he has a little jacket and lead for me to take him out. He is OK wearing these but I think he doesn't like going outside, the further away he goes from the house he starts to pull and wants to go back in. I am happy with this as I wanted him to be a house cat anyway but I wanted to give him the opportunity of going for walks too if he wanted. He's good with being brushed and taking medication and he is good with having his paws handled and claws clipped.

He is a little bit of sunshine in my life and he's great.