The infamous Bob!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please excuse my messy house! From the front he is a regular kitten.

20231030_141633.jpg

20231030_141514.jpg

From the side, he is Bob!

He is a Manx. I don't have papers, but since I almost didn't register my RB Persian, who came with a ton of lineage, that kind of thing doesn't matter much to me. He seemed so lost, and I am lost, too.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 462487
View attachment 462486

He is a Manx. I don't have papers, but since I almost didn't register my RB Persian, who came with a ton of lineage, that kind of thing doesn't matter much to me. He seemed so lost, and I am lost, too.
A Stumpie! Bob is adorable. *I'm so glad "that kind of thing doesn't matter much to me." EVERY cat is gorgeous, and EVERY cat deserves the same kind of loving care, comfort, and lifetime protection a lot of "purebred" cats get. As for me, "rescued" is my favorite "breed." ;):lol::heartshape:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

View attachment 462487
View attachment 462486

.He is SO CUTE!!! almost 20 years ago I worked in a small office. The owners of the company had an office cat and he looked just like your little boy. Same tail and everything. His name was Bob also. Oh he was sweet. He had beds all over the office. He loved to visit with everyone. I hadn't thought about him in a while. he must be at the bridge by now, He was an adult when they found him as a stray. You found each other when you needed to the most. :hugs:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
There used to be a tv show a very long time ago called, Love That Bob. As soon as I saw your adorable kitten it reminded me of the title of that show. :thumbsup: Congrats and enjoy your new four-legged friend, Bob.:cheerleader:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bob went to the vet for the first time today. I mean, they ran in and gave him his rabies shots right before we left the shelter. There were a few sketchy things that went on at the shelter before we took him home. Such as the last minute rabies shots. That the worker came in and said they didn't have a cat by that name for adoption, leaving me to think they posted him on Petfinder.com earlier than they'd intended...by mistake. They also said they hadn't micropchipped him, but our vet would do it free. He got pretty angry when I told him what they said. "I'm not doing that! I don't know why they told you I would!" After additional information, he said they just wanted to get rid of a cat.

Which is a really long story to bring us that the vet kept calling Bob a her and referring to Bob as she. Now I was in a huge hurry coming from a doctor's appointment an hour away, in tremendous pain, and was late to the vet.

Granted they only had Bob out of the carrier five minutes as they were warned about his powerful arms and legs. To paraphrase Ice Cube, "bring out the yellow tape," because I sensed an upcoming blood bath. I wonder if Bob is really Poppy?

The most important thing he said was that even though Manx Syndrome is possible, he doesn't think Bob has it. The symptoms do not present such.

Okay, and another cute pic to make up for the long story.

20231101_232358.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Errrr...........................it's hard to tell from this angle. Have to see the back. Can you dangle a cat wand in front and take a photo from the back?

My guess looking at that face.................................I say a gal.

Last edited by a moderator:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know what, tabbytom tabbytom , I started thinking the same thing, he looks like a girl in the face. Which would make him a candidate for my original choice of names, Poppy. Now I would have chosen Poppy as a boy's name, but Bob was actually so cute, and he learned it fast. (I made my entire summer project devoted to teaching Elsie her name). She has been my girl for approximately five years now. Either she doesn't know it, or she chooses to ignore it. I think maybe the latter...:wink:

I called the vet and was told the shelter had Bob down as a neutered male. She said sometimes the vet accidentally calls someone by the wrong sex, but he wasn't in the office today, so I should call back tomorrow. I still don't know if I should change Bob's name at this point. Probably not, since he is used to it. Being a big fan of Jerry Seinfeld, I wanted to call my new kitten Poppy, because Poppy was the man who urinated on Jerry's sofa on his show. I think it was an act of revenge, though I don't remember the truth ever being revealed. :lol:

Oh, and there is no chance right now of taking a picture of him from behind. He is a little on the suspicious side. :paranoid:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Unfortunately, the animal shelter listed him as "spayed/neutered" in the Petfinder.com posting. I honestly think a mistake was made by the shelter by posting him early. He has a lot of problems that the kill shelter one county over would have taken care of before putting him up for adoption. They do include a lot on information on adoption sites and really seem to go all out to get their pets noticed and adopted. Our shelter has achieved no kill status and seems to focus on dogs. Don't get me wrong. I love Bob and feel it was meant to be. I wanted the Savannah cat I was promised in nursing school. Then, I decided I would never get DH on board, so I thought I would get a white cat. I haven't had one since my Persian that I was gifted as a child, and I think back on her more and more these days. Turns out, white DSH cats and kittens go fast. I saw Bob and it was love at first site. They say not to fall in love with a picture, but I did. He isn't even what I would consider pretty, but that doesn't matter to me.

Now I love Bob and have seen no evidence that his stomach has been shaved or scarred, (but we also took our neighbor's cat to be spayed, and the vet was surprised when he started cutting to discover that she was already spayed). You cannot believe how worried I was that my psychotic neighbor would notice. I am sure he did, but thankfully he did not get mad after I ran around the house all day in a panic, yelling, "What are we going to do? What are we going to do?" His cat came home with a shaved belly and stomach with an incision.

I will try to get a picture if I can. It would be difficult to raise his tail when he is eating (distracted, best time) because it is so short. I did try to get a look "back there" and it was so odd, like his butthole is sideways! While I was confused (and as a nurse, I have a good bit of experience with that area in humans due to suppositories, etc.) but maybe it was the angle at which he was standing. He does seem to like me. I am soft-spoken.

I am relieved that the vet said though Manx Syndrome was still a possibility, his symptoms are different, so he doubts Bob has it.