The Hunger Games?

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has anyone read The Hunger Games trilogy?  If so, what do you think?  I haven't read them, but I've joined a book club again
, so I'm debating on whether to buy the set.

Last edited:

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely love this trilogy. If you do a search in the forum for Hunger Games you will come up with a lot of posts as a lot of members have read this trilogy. It was fab!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I trust your opinion, so I will definitely get them.  Maybe not yet, since I just ordered loads of books (book clubs are treacherous for me), but sometime soon. Thanks! 

x2006nkg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven't read them yet, but my sister bought said she got them for me as a Christmas present, so I'll be reading them soon. I've heard from multiple people that they're really good 

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't read them yet, but my sister bought said she got them for me as a Christmas present, so I'll be reading them soon. I've heard from multiple people that they're really good 

I looked at an excerpt of the first one and I think I'm going to like them.  I'm still trying to hold off until I finish some of the other books I ordered, but that won't take me long.

amandaterasu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
throw my hat into the ring as a huge hunger games fan. I've already ordered my boyfriend that he will be taking me to see the movie when it comes out (since I'm hoping the movie will at least be passable).

The books are very good, and surprisingly well thought out for 'young adult fiction'.

A lot of people make comparisons to twilight, but they are simply unfounded. I dislike the twilight franchise because of the values it chooses to portray as 'good' for young men and women. The Hunger Games, however, emphasize ideals that are much more acceptable, to me, at least.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
throw my hat into the ring as a huge hunger games fan. I've already ordered my boyfriend that he will be taking me to see the movie when it comes out (since I'm hoping the movie will at least be passable).

The books are very good, and surprisingly well thought out for 'young adult fiction'.

A lot of people make comparisons to twilight, but they are simply unfounded. I dislike the twilight franchise because of the values it chooses to portray as 'good' for young men and women. The Hunger Games, however, emphasize ideals that are much more acceptable, to me, at least.
I just ordered the trilogy! 
I was going to wait, but I guess amazon is having a sale.  The boxed set was priced much lower today than it was yesterday.  It was even lower than the book club price.  DH has been after me to buy something our anniversary, so this will be my gift.  (He'd rather I pick out my books and buy them online.  He always ends up paying full price at a bookstore when he buys me books.)

x2006nkg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have you gotten a chance to read them yet? I did get them for Christmas, and on boxing day I started reading the first book, and it was so good I read it all day until it was done. Now I'm half way through the second book. I'm really enjoying them

bshcatlover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I read the trilogy a couple of weeks before Christmas.  I really enjoyed them and just couldn't put them down once I had started.  I loved the first two books, but to be honest, I didn't really like the third one as much, it was definitely my least favourite of the three books.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I sitll haven't started them...I have been reading 11/22/63 by Stephen King.  I think The Hunger Games will be next on my list.

coalsmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Read this trilogy and would suggest it to anyone mature enough to handle the content. Great tale. I'm thinking about reading Battle Royale next to compare it. I hear it's very similar to The Hunger Games, just more for adults. I guess it's way more violent and tells more details of the gore... so I guess it's more graphic. The gore isn't why I want to read it though. It's the similarity to a trilogy that I've already read... the need to compare for myself. LOL 

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I absolutely loved The Hunger Games, such a new, raw concept- from other books I have read. Although I didn't think the movie did justice to how horrific and gory of a life and games the books make it seem to be. I've heard from others that The Maze Runner series are amazing and somewhat similar to them, so i'm looking into those next :)

oreocookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OOOO I LOVED them!  They are soooo worth reading and now that the movie has come out it is even better!  I read all three of them in one weekend, LOL!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought the box set of the hunger games today and started the first book! I'm hoping its at least half of as good as the twilight series was because I really enjoyed that series r