The Hunger Games

rahma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Anyone read it? I read my mom's copy over thanksgiving and now I'm on the waiting list for Catching Fire. 36 people ahead of me and only 9 copies to go around

It's technically a kid's book, but all the adults I know who've read it loooove it (me included).

It's set in a future where america has disolved and been replaced by a country with several districts that have apparently warred in the past. As punishment, each district must send 2 teens as "tributes" to the capital each year to participate in the Hunger Games. The games are a grotesque reality show where the tributes try to kill one another, and the last one standing is given a life of luxury.

Great book all around. I'm dying to know what happens next.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rahma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ah, I must have missed this the first time around. Yes, catching fire is the sequel. I lasted about 2 days before I broke down and ordered it. The second book is also fabulous, with a twist I didn't see coming in a million years. Now I have to wait until summer to see how it ends

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rahma

Ah, I must have missed this the first time around. Yes, catching fire is the sequel. I lasted about 2 days before I broke down and ordered it. The second book is also fabulous, with a twist I didn't see coming in a million years. Now I have to wait until summer to see how it ends
Why is that? Is there a 3rd one?

I'm about 5th on the list for Catching Fire. It wont be ready for me until at least January. *pouts*

Have you read Battle Royale?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rahma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I believe it's suppose to be a trilogy. I haven't read Battle Royale, although it's on my to read list, since a lot of the reviews say she copied it.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rahma

I believe it's suppose to be a trilogy. I haven't read Battle Royale, although it's on my to read list, since a lot of the reviews say she copied it.
Oh wow awesome! I absolutely loved Hunger Games!

Yeah I can't wait to read Battle Royale too! Thanks for the reccomendation.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who is the author? It sounds good. I love young adult science fiction. the City of Ember books are some of my favorites!