The Humping Bully

MissMoxieFoxie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our 8 month old kitten Noctis has started to show some aggressive/dominance behavior. He chases (no longer in a playful way) and mounts our 2 year old cat Luca. Part of it is our fault because we only neuter him last week and I understand he got the manly man feels. He started showing a "mine" mentality with toys and food but then it turned into mounting/humping poor Luca. Even had to break up a few fights where Noctis was getting way too rough and Luca became scared. Luca is the most passive cat you will ever meet. He shares and cuddles. Gets scared by noises and is extremely cautious but curious. Noctis is an oppisite, jumps head first in to everything including strangers laps. He like a little dog.

Our cats sleep with us, for a couple weeks Noticis would chase Luca from the bed. My husband started pinning Noctis down with affection or we remove him from the bed when the aggressive behavior starts. Luca has started to become comfortable again sleeping with us. When I see the humping behavior I grab him by the scruff on the ground like a mother cat would. It seems to be helping but now I noticed him trying to dominate me! Lol He hasn't gotten too aggressive with me but I don't want it to get worse.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to create a balance again? I know some of this will come with time but Luca been having dental issues and not feeling the best. I can tell its making him more skitty.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi!
It hopefully will calm down as the testosterone depletes - every cat is different regarding how long that takes, but in the mean time can you try some comfort products?
There are diffusers (in addition to feliway there's thunderease, sentry etc) treats, collars and all sorts of different ingredients used in these producst.
Hang in there!!
Oh, you could also give him a big HISS when he starts in with unwanted behavior.