The House of Night Series....

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My friend turned me onto the series after I finished Twilight [which she also turned me onto to!]

I'm in the middle of the second book right now and so far I enjoy it! It's really different from the vampire stuff I am used to, although Twilight was super different too because I'm more of an Old School Anne Rice Fan.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Twilight was good too but I like this series beacuse they are a little darker!

Have you read the Sookie Stackhouse novels?

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do the vampires sparkle?

If not then maybe I will llook into it.
I have been looking for a new series to get into while I wait for the next book I want to come on paperback.

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The house of night is similar to twilight in that it is high school age people.... its still good and no they absolutley do not sparkle AND cats are their animals companions which is awesome!!!

The sookie stackhouse novels are awesome! More adult and action!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOVE LOVE LOVE the books!!! I got so mad at the end of the last one though.What a way to end it.

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

LOVE LOVE LOVE the books!!! I got so mad at the end of the last one though.What a way to end it.
Im 100 pages away from the end! lol it will be done by today! SHHHHHHHHH! Dont tell me yet! lol

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I've read them. I actually posted in the Paws and Reflect area and no one seemed interested :shrug:

I'm currently reading the last book (there are a total of 6). I absolutely love this series!! I've loaned the books to a girl at work and she's addicted to them too. She is a huge fan of Twilight and finds that the House of Night series is way better.

There is a whole website dedicated to the series

http://www.houseofnightseries.com/

I think that the series is way better than Twilight. And in fact it was around before Twilight, as were the "Vampire Diaries". Twilight is essentially a rip off of both of those series. And I"m at a loss as to why that series was chosen to make movies from.

What I like about the "House of Night" series is that the author's writing is more developed and I don't feel like I'm being talked down to as though I'm a grade-1 child. The Twilight books are supposed to be for young adults. My friend's daughter is 15 and she said that she felt like her intelligence was being insulted because of the level of writing, which was supposed to be geared to her age group.

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Yes, I've read them. I actually posted in the Paws and Reflect area and no one seemed interested :shrug:

I'm currently reading the last book (there are a total of 6). I absolutely love this series!! I've loaned the books to a girl at work and she's addicted to them too. She is a huge fan of Twilight and finds that the House of Night series is way better.

There is a whole website dedicated to the series

http://www.houseofnightseries.com/

I think that the series is way better than Twilight. And in fact it was around before Twilight, as were the "Vampire Diaries". Twilight is essentially a rip off of both of those series. And I"m at a loss as to why that series was chosen to make movies from.

What I like about the "House of Night" series is that the author's writing is more developed and I don't feel like I'm being talked down to as though I'm a grade-1 child. The Twilight books are supposed to be for young adults. My friend's daughter is 15 and she said that she felt like her intelligence was being insulted because of the level of writing, which was supposed to be geared to her age group.
I agree too. She has a much better style of writing and all of the characters have very specific personalities! There are supposed to be 12 books before its all done and over with! I cant wait that long!

p.s. as an adult READ THE SOOKIE STACKHOUSE NOVELS!

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Have you read the Sookie Stackhouse novels?
Hmmm never heard of it, but I'll look into them!

Twilight took off because it's your basic forbidden love story of Romeo and Juliet. There is little to no drama other than the love triangle between Bella, Edward, and Jacob - it's an easy money maker without being too complicated.

The House of Night series is a fairly easy read, there's quite a bit of cussing but I think it goes along with how teenagers of today are. I think what is cool about it is the Author kind of makes up their own vampires, even spelling it 'vampyre' which is kind of cool. It puts a new spin on things and is refreshing in the sense that although there is some angst the books aren't full of it and the entire story isn't based around self sacrifice hehe.