The Health Of My Cats As Of September

kcNeko

Purrtified Cat Lover
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Sorry for my bad English and I'm going to share on what's happening with my furbabies right now.
Shuvi and Riku, are just smol kittens i got at a side walk on a busy highway last December 2017. They're both white with blue eyes but they stink and got lots of wounds and lice. I don't have any experience on what to do next after I got them and at that time i was just thinking of grooming them and feeding them then it will be fine, but I was wrong. This September, Shuvi ran out of the house and did not return (in heat), but my worries just pilled up after I saw Riku's bloody stool, so I rushed him to the vet. Fortunately it wasn't serious and prescribed me some antibiotics vitamins. A few days later, I found Shuvi after posting on a social media app. Shuvi was so thin and lacks energy, but still eats whatever we served him. Another few days later, September 21st (my birthday) Shuvi did not eat in the morning. Since sometimes cats doesn't eat when their stomache is upset or their mood is upset so I just left and think that his appetite might return soon enough, but that didn't happen. I often leave my house for several days for work and I always leave my furbabies to my mother's care. As I got home, my mom said that Shuvi does not eat for 2 days which really worried the hell out of me. For a day i forcefully let him drink a lot of water via syringe and tried to feed him anything but he wont eat. The next morning, September 24th i rushed Shuvi to the vet and the they said that he's in a very serious condition and is dehydrated, of course i cried and got worried if he's gonna survive. Shuvi got yellowish skin on his ears dowm to his upper eyes, the corner of his eyes are kinda yellowish too, he also smells and has bad breath. The vet says that it might be a liver disease but they still have to CBC him and confine him with IV. I had to leave my baby to the vet because of work (a horrible mother but has no choice because i need money). Later that day, the vet sent me the results and they said that my baby got high liver enzyme and he have viral infection and anemia and they need to talk to me for further details. My God, i'm scared and worried sick, for both of my cat and my wallet (sorry, I'm just a breadwinner kid who earns a little and lives in a 3rd world country with a ridiculously high inflation rate). All medications and the confinement fee are insanely high but i'll do everything and my best for my baby. As of now, it's 2am on September 25th and I can't sleep and scared. What if it's severe and cant be cured? What if i can't handle the fees and cant afford the medicines? These things roams to my mind right now.

I'll keep everyone updated here on what happened to my Shuvi and Riku and hoping everything goes well :')

Thank you and God bless us all and our cats!

Last edited by a moderator:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hello, and welcome!!
Your English is quite good!
(a horrible mother
You are not a horrible mother, you are a loving concerned person who is terribly worried about your kitties.

Does the Philippines have GoFundMe account access? You could possibly try that.

@mikameek, would you happen to have a moment to give your thoughts to the OP? Bless your heart if so :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kcNeko

Purrtified Cat Lover
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, and welcome!!
Your English is quite good!

You are not a horrible mother, you are a loving concerned person who is terribly worried about your kitties.

Does the Philippines have GoFundMe account access? You could possibly try that.

@mikameek, would you happen to have a moment to give your thoughts to the OP? Bless your heart if so :)
Hi, Thank you very much! I wasn't expecting a very nice reply, your comment made my heart lighter from my worries. Sure I'll check out Go FundMe. Thanks for the suggestion :)