The Happy Thread

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Thanks!! I really can't wait to post them, its only been 3 days since we've gotten them done, but I'm still SUPER anxious!!! They turned out so great, the photographer is just amazing, they are spendy, but its so well worth it!

I should get them posted (I HOPE) by Thursday-thats when they should be on the company website for me to see!!
I bet it was woth the money to get great pictures though!
I bet you can't wait to see you Mum's face, at Christmas, now?!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

I bet it was woth the money to get great pictures though!
I bet you can't wait to see you Mum's face, at Christmas, now?!!
Exactly!!
We are getting her a big 16 x 20 for the dining room and then I am getting about 6 different ones in 5 x 7's in a collage frame so she has more than just one picture! The photographer took about 8 different poses, there are about 150 pictures to choose from!!

I decided to do them in black and white, I am soooo glad that I did-we just wore long sleeved black shirts, I am so estatic, can you tell?!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What an excellent idea getting her a variety of pictures - she'll be made up!
They're going to look fantatic!

I don't envy you at all having to choose your favourites though!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

What an excellent idea getting her a variety of pictures - she'll be made up!
They're going to look fantatic!

I don't envy you at all having to choose your favourites though!
Ha-I'm NOT looking forward to that either! But I'm going to go back home and my Grandma & Aunt is going to help me pick them out

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Ha-I'm NOT looking forward to that either! But I'm going to go back home and my Grandma & Aunt is going to help me pick them out
That's good, it'll make life a whole lot easier!

Shall we still keep an eye on the 'moaning thread' for while you're choosing?!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

That's good, it'll make life a whole lot easier!

Shall we still keep an eye on the 'moaning thread' for while you're choosing?!
YUP!!

You guys will have to help me choose too!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

...and we'll be only too happy to!
You could have a poll to see which pictures people like!!

Oh, I really can't wait to see them now!
Oh yeah! Good idea! Your quite the thinker!

I know-I'm just as excited (if not more!!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shem

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yey!!! I'm off work til Monday morning now
Long weekend for me and it's ice skating tomorrow

shem

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have Christmas day, Boxing day and the day after off work!!

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shem

I have Christmas day, Boxing day and the day after off work!!
Yay, congratulations! That definitely belongs in this thread. By the way, what is boxing day? Is that just in England, I'm guessing??

shem

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sweetiecat3

Yay, congratulations! That definitely belongs in this thread. By the way, what is boxing day? Is that just in England, I'm guessing??
It's the day after Christmas Day. Funny you should ask that, someone else asked me that the other day too. What do you call the day after Christmas Day then? I thought the term 'Boxing Day' was an international thing

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shem

It's the day after Christmas Day. Funny you should ask that, someone else asked me that the other day too. What do you call the day after Christmas Day then? I thought the term 'Boxing Day' was an international thing
No, not at all. We don't really do much of anything or get that day off...well, many of us do end up cleaning
, but it's not a holiday here. But what is Boxing Day, then?? Do ya do anything special? Is it about boxing? This must sound so stupid to you, but I guess we just don't celebrate it here. Never heard of it before.

kuddlekitty56

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
School gets out for the holidays today in my district. YAY!!!!!!!! Now I can chill with Sweetie, my Scottish Fold, and all my other babies.

shem

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sweetiecat3

No, not at all. We don't really do much of anything or get that day off...well, many of us do end up cleaning
, but it's not a holiday here. But what is Boxing Day, then?? Do ya do anything special? Is it about boxing? This must sound so stupid to you, but I guess we just don't celebrate it here. Never heard of it before.
LOL!! We don't really do anything actually. Some people go Fox hunting (and I don't agree with this sport but it seems to be a bit of a disgusting tradition in this country). Maybe some other Brits can shed some light

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I know I haven't been around in a while (my how the forum has changed!) but I'm so happy I have to post...

1) Today was the last day of school, which means a 2 week vacation from work AND that I survived my first semester of teaching!
2) I got my bonus at work today... they had an incentive bonus where you couldn't miss or be late for a single day of work all semester. Whee!
3) My fiance got the day off for tomorrow which equals a 3 day vacation for him, which is exciting since I rarely see him these days!

shem

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
SWEETIECAT3

Boxing Day is a public holiday observed in many Commonwealth countries on 26 December. In many European countries it is also a holiday, called St. Stephen's Day or the Second Day of Christmas. Strictly defined as the first weekday after Christmas [1], popular usage [2] has more recently maintained that Boxing Day always falls on the 26th, and that its associated public holiday may fall on a different day.

There is much dispute over the true origins of Boxing Day, but one common story of the holiday's origins is that servants and tradesmen received Christmas gifts from their employers on the first weekday after Christmas, the day after the family celebrations. These were generally called their "Christmas boxes." Another story is that this is the day that priests broke open the collection boxes and distributed the money to the poor.

In Commonwealth countries (barring India), any fixed-date holidays falling on Saturday or Sunday are often observed on the next weekday, so if Boxing Day falls on a Saturday then Monday 28 December is a public holiday; while, if Christmas Day is a Saturday then both Monday 27 December and Tuesday 28 December will be public holidays. In the government holiday listings of the United Kingdom for 2004, the bank holiday in lieu of Boxing Day was observed on Monday 27 December, before the holiday in lieu of Christmas Day on Tuesday 28 December.

Boxing Day and the following day often features retail bargains in Canada.

I just found this. Hope it helps