The Great Rototiller Hunt is over

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Dear Richard brought home a heavy-duty rototiller this afternoon. It's two years old and he got it for less than 1/2 the price of a new one of that model and size; even so he said he spent more money than he wanted to, but it's in really good shape. He's a happy camper.

It was getting to where it was well over $100 to rent a rototiller for 4 hours and he was getting tired of it. He manually tilled the garden this year.

The three-year hunt has ended.

But, you know, we're gonna need a bigger shed. :sigh:

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read your title as the golden Rottweiler hunt is over. I was surprised, but happy to open the thread. Honestly, now that I got it right, I remember. I expect using a rottweiler to garden would have interesting challenges. It has been a long day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
He wouldn't dare! :lol:

He's been saying for quite a while that he needs to get out there and re-organize the shed. He's been wanting to build some shelves for some of the stuff that's on the floor. It's just that he hasn't had a lot of time. If he got that done, there would be a ton more room for other things. He's not the most organized man around sometimes and there are times when most of his effort is spent looking for something that's not where it's supposed to be. I told him one time that I'd organize the shed; he looked at me, "Your Shed is over there! My shed is here! There's a difference! Leave my stuff alone!"

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You sound like DH and I; except the opposite! Too often I know just where something was before we “cleaned.” :tongue: But I am careful about putting tools and things back where he had them. I think he secretly enjoys organizing the garage.:lol:

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder why it was so hard to find a rototiller.. either way I'm glad one was found and now you guys won't have to rent one anymore. That's insane 100/4hrs... uhhh no thank you lol
Anyway I'm happy you guys have one now. You may need a bigger shed but hey you pay for the shed it is yours whereas you keep renting a rototiller and you have to return it.. lol it is a good investment for sure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
heatherwillard0614 heatherwillard0614 He didn't want a new one; we couldn't afford a new one. But he wanted a used rototiller that was in good shape and many of them at the public sales that he went to were not in decent shape.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
heatherwillard0614 heatherwillard0614 He didn't want a new one; we couldn't afford a new one. But he wanted a used rototiller that was in good shape and many of them at the public sales that he went to were not in decent shape.
Gotcha. That is the way to go for sure if you can find it in good like new shape for a decent price.
I'm glad you guys were able to get one so you don't have to rent one. 😀