The Great Hairball Epidemic of 2017 :-)

mosimom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I started my cat on Swanson Egg Yolk Lecithin. Her appetite was way down so I knew her 3rd hairball this season was brewing. After four days of 1/2 capsule EYL twice a day she gifted me with puked hairball yesterday...plus her breakfast. This hairball was a more "jelly" Core wrapped with hair instead of the firm core. I suppose that was the EYL emulsifying the fats?
I am going to keep to 1 capsule split two times a day to maintain. It was so weird not chasing her down to smear the scheduled, twice a week Vaseline on her paw last night. I hope to never have to dig out that tube ever again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started my cat on Swanson Egg Yolk Lecithin. Her appetite was way down so I knew her 3rd hairball this season was brewing. After four days of 1/2 capsule EYL twice a day she gifted me with puked hairball yesterday...plus her breakfast. This hairball was a more "jelly" Core wrapped with hair instead of the firm core. I suppose that was the EYL emulsifying the fats?
I am going to keep to 1 capsule split two times a day to maintain. It was so weird not chasing her down to smear the scheduled, twice a week Vaseline on her paw last night. I hope to never have to dig out that tube ever again.
Isn't EYL awesome? :biggrin:

I'm so thankful that so many wonderful people on this site have shared their experiences with it, as well as the slippery elm bark. My cats don't much like the taste of either one, but tough cookies. The benefits of a brief moment of discomfort far outweighs the discomfort of trying to hack up or pass a hairball :wink:

mosimom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Isn't EYL awesome? :biggrin:

I'm so thankful that so many wonderful people on this site have shared their experiences with it, as well as the slippery elm bark. My cats don't much like the taste of either one, but tough cookies. The benefits of a brief moment of discomfort far outweighs the discomfort of trying to hack up or pass a hairball :wink:
My cat is suffering from decreased appetite from taking the Egg Yolk Lecithin. She can't afford to lose the calories. I am having to coax and chase her to eat. I am going to quit the EYL for a few days. I was giving 1/2 capsule twice a day. Thoughts?