The " Gonna Be Wed " Thread!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I do know what you're talking about though the local one by us I know I definitely wouldn't host my reception there.

you're honeymoon sounds fantastic!!! I want that honeymoon!
All the VFW's I see locally look like little hole-in-the-wall bars to me. If the reception wont be at the house, I'd rather it be somewhere halfway decent! Hell, lets just all go out for dinner somewhere!
Thats what the bachelor/bachelorette party will be...just the two of us and a bunch of friends going to dinner somewhere. We figure we'll enjoy that much more

I cant wait for the honeymoon! I think I planned everything for that before I even made wedding plans
I went on a Royal Caribbean cruise in 1999 with my parents and brother, but you can only enjoy so much when you're with your parents and 12-13!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

All the VFW's I see locally look like little hole-in-the-wall bars to me. If the reception wont be at the house, I'd rather it be somewhere halfway decent! Hell, lets just all go out for dinner somewhere!
Thats what the bachelor/bachelorette party will be...just the two of us and a bunch of friends going to dinner somewhere. We figure we'll enjoy that much more

I cant wait for the honeymoon! I think I planned everything for that before I even made wedding plans
I went on a Royal Caribbean cruise in 1999 with my parents and brother, but you can only enjoy so much when you're with your parents and 12-13!!

McDonald's anyone?

Anyway...that's pretty cool. We're pretty set on going to the West Coast (of the US), however if extra $$$ magically appears in our bank accounts we might book a trip to Hawaii (come on extra $$$!!!
)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a venue, a date, and a time now!!!! Yesterday Colin and I looked at a few places to hold the wedding. We finally decided on a little chapel in near us. The pastor was VERY nice- he met us yesterday morning and showed us around. It's just a little place, but that's exactly what i wanted! It hold about 100-150 people (my guest list has about 100 on it so that's awesome!). I will have all day the day before the wedding to decorate/setup as much as i want and all day the day of the wedding as well for anything we need!

Best of all....this beautiful little church does not charage anyone who gets married there a fee!!!!
How great is that!!! (i was really worrying how i was going to pay for everything!) So since they don't charge anything to use the facility, my mom has said she is going to make a donation to their church to help out their congregation/etc
I'm soo happy! It's just perfect for what i wanted- something small but elegant.

The wedding date (unless it changes between now and then) is going to be
March 15. It will be an afternoon wedding
I still haven't picked out a place for the reception yet, but my best friends family are members at a country club and said they would be happy to book it in the their names if i want to have it there, so i might be having it there (it's close to the chapel too so that's a plus!) The wedding time isn't set in stone yet, so that may change but for now we're keeping it earlier in the day so everyone won't expect a full course meal at night (that gets really pricy!) We're going to do the traditional cake and champagne (and sparkling grape juice for the kiddos) toast and have an appetizer bar where everyone can have lots of little finger foods to choose from. I think that's the most cost efficient plan so far right now.
Awww i'm soooo excited! Oh yea- and our colors are purple and green!
Perfect for March. I'm going to get started on the decorations for the reception and ceramony soon!

The rehersal dinner is going to be at favorite resturant

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well... I can finally join into this thread!

We haven't set our date yet, but its going to be around Mid next year in Australia!!!
We are currently getting ready for my move which takes a lot of work, as soon as its done the wedding will take place, its just going to be very small, with his family, and my parents and the people im very close to!!!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow I remember when Amy started this thread! That was quite a while ago.

Now that it's back in business though, I can actually add to it!

It's so nice to see so many fellow brides-to-be on here.
Congratulations everyone!!!!

Our date is Sunday May 4, 2008 in Daytona Beach, FL. We're having the ceremony on a balcony of The Plaza Resort & Spa that overlooks the beach. The beach is Matt and I's favorite place in the WORLD, but I didn't want a wedding directly on the beach since I've always wanted something formal. Finding this location helped us to blend the two so we're really excited! The reception will be held inside their ballroom that has large windows facing the ocean, so I'm excited about that as well. We've got all of our vendors booked and we've already done our cake and menu tastings so I think we're a head of the game.

Now it's just a waiting game I guess!! And dealing with the small things of course.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

Wow I remember when Amy started this thread! That was quite a while ago.

Now that it's back in business though, I can actually add to it!

It's so nice to see so many fellow brides-to-be on here.
Congratulations everyone!!!!

Our date is Sunday May 4, 2008 in Daytona Beach, FL. We're having the ceremony on a balcony of The Plaza Resort & Spa that overlooks the beach. The beach is Matt and I's favorite place in the WORLD, but I didn't want a wedding directly on the beach since I've always wanted something formal. Finding this location helped us to blend the two so we're really excited! The reception will be held inside their ballroom that has large windows facing the ocean, so I'm excited about that as well. We've got all of our vendors booked and we've already done our cake and menu tastings so I think we're a head of the game.

Now it's just a waiting game I guess!! And dealing with the small things of course.
Wow! That sounds so gorgeous, congratulations

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

Thank you so much. I was ecstatic to find out that I could actually make my dream come true without breaking the bank!
Thats always a plus!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ack! I'm freaking a little.

I just got an email the other day from one of the party members asking about dresses. She was stating that I need to make a decision soon as their dresses need to be ordered 6-8 months in advance. This is also the same girl that tried to move in as our event planner without asking if we wanted one.
We like her and all, but we know that we wouldn't get our...we would get her wedding.

Ummm...we're getting married in July, hon. That's the 7th month of the year, and there is still 2 months left for this year.

I just told her that I would make a decision at the end of the month.

Now to further it...I've been tossing the idea of letting the bridesmaids pick out their own dress with a list of colors. Since the Groomswomen (yes, B is the only male aside from the ring bearer and possibly the minister) live in 3 different states and are 3 very different people I thought about offering them the same thing.

Then this girl started sending me "suggestions"....

Talk about Boob-ige!!! The dress is cute, however just not something I would think of for a wedding. It's is low cut enough to show off the parts of the boobs that most women don't tan without having to be totally topless.

I just told her it was nice, but I would let her know...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've FINALLY found a place where we can do both the wedding and the reception!!!! I'm sooo happy!
We recently had to change plans for our wedding (We got engaged on both of our birthdays- July 29) and we had a place but for several reasons had to change it. Next we were going to do it at the military base and have a traditional naval wedding (colin was in the navy 8 yrs and still is inactive reserve right now) We loved the ballroom at the base but hated the chapel (it was all business, and all ugly
).

So with the wedding date (March) creeping up on us quickly we decided one last time to look around. Well, last night my sister mentioned how pretty her church was to us and how they allow non-members to get married there. So we called today and made an appointment.

OMG you guys withing moments of seeing the santuary, i knew it was where i wanted to be married. It is beautiful!!! Vaulted wooden ceilings with exposed wooden boards on the ceilings, stain glass windows, gorgeous pews, and the floor is just amazing! It is soo beautiful! You can tell that this church has had lots of love and attention paid to it
/ The room where we plan to have the reception is just as beautiful!
I couldn't be happier! I'm soo glad we didn't settle on the other places- this one is soo perfect for us!

Another wonderful thing is - that we have recently been looking to join a new church anyways (the pastor at my old church went nuts and over half of the congregation left- keep in mind i went to a massive church- so that's a LOT of people.) I have yet to find a church that really feels like "home" to me. I also have a hard time finidng time to go as I work on Sundays and a lot of places don't have alternative services (this church is about to start one up!) So I think not only did we find a wonderful place to get married....we may have found a wonderful church to start attending- and that means a lot to me!
The pastor was sooo sweet too! We just loved him! So was the wedding coordinator- I loved how friendly everyone was to us and how much they went out of their way to help us organize the wedding/etc!

We had to change our date, as the 15 was booked solid, but that's ok and certainly not a big problem for us! Our new date is March 29, 2008 at 2:00 pm (the reception is going to be after the ceramony.) I am soo happy! I was really starting to get stressed lately because it seemed as if nothing was working out for the wedding....but now since we've been a little patient- it seems like everything is finally comming together!
I just wanted to share the good news with everyone!

When I go back to the church / reception area again I will borrow my mom's camera and snap some pictures for everyone to see!

shiraz21

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
wow thats great, i'm so happy for you! i cant wait til i'm engaged... but then again there is SO much to think about, maybe i'll convince him to elope!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like I can FINALLY join this thread!

No plans set in stone yet, but I'm going through this thread to get many ideas!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kenz you read my mind! I was just thinking that since everyone has gotten engaged in the past week to find this thread!

We finally set a date-YAY!

July 11,2009!

We are going to look at a place called Treasure Lake in PA to have an outdoor wedding. Also there is this little church and reception hall in North Olmsted which is about a half hour from here. Will let everyone know how it goes!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

Kenz you read my mind! I was just thinking that since everyone has gotten engaged in the past week to find this thread!

We finally set a date-YAY!

July 11,2009!

We are going to look at a place called Treasure Lake in PA to have an outdoor wedding. Also there is this little church and reception hall in North Olmsted which is about a half hour from here. Will let everyone know how it goes!!

I talked to John today & we're going between May & June 2009, we cannot decide what one
We just want nice weather since we're wanting a lot to be outside. Everything will be set in stone next weekend when we go back home to get the ball rolling on a few things!

I've got my 4 bridesmaids down, now I just have to ask them & figure out HOW to ask them in a cute way!

Right now we're focusing on our engagement photos, which will be done mostly with our motorcycle
I am so excited to get them done, of course we'll have 'nice' ones too, for the local paper announcement, but still, we want fun ones

I'm so excited!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Right now we're focusing on our engagement photos, which will be done mostly with our motorcycle
I am so excited to get them done, of course we'll have 'nice' ones too, for the local paper announcement, but still, we want fun ones

I'm so excited!
I think the engagement photos was one of my favorite parts. We did the modest, traditional ones but we also did some more private ones that had the effect of looking like we were laying in bed (naked) together... very sexy and just for us.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I think the engagement photos was one of my favorite parts. We did the modest, traditional ones but we also did some more private ones that had the effect of looking like we were laying in bed (naked) together... very sexy and just for us.
OOooo, thats a fun idea

I'm excited to get our photos done, I want them done right NOW!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well since you have all chipped in, i think its finally time to say my bit!

We have our wedding date set and its 7th November 2008!! It will be at the registry office and then we are having a quiet dinner with his family.

7th of june is my euro engagement party, i am wearing a black dress with a pink ribbon, which i want for my bridesmaids to wear!

Sometime after arrival and before our registry office ceremony, we are having an engagement party along the beach in Australia.

October next year (will have to be on a Sunday to make costs cheaper) will be our big reception party, we are having the whole thing, although i am catholic and since i will be already legally married we cant get married in a church, he has said though that if i wanted to then we can

We are thinking of setting our vowels at the reception garden and for my dad to walk me down the aisle. Then we are going to have a big reception with all of his family, hopefully some of mine will fly down and with friends.

The Euro engagement party will be part of the reception although we arent legally married because none of my close collegues will be able to come down to australia, I finished making my dress, and the gifts, i have a heap of candles, bought a fair bit of wine, now i just have to pick up the food, drinks and make the cake and a few more decorations.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we have found where the wedding will be held. http://www.tgcc.ca/pages/weddings_banquets_main.html

It is not too expensive. $200 for the ceremony, $59 per person, but it includes 3 bottles of wine per table, food/punch when you first get there, 4 course dinner and so much more.

They even have both of the dates available that we want and we wont have to settle for another date.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its been awhile since this thread has been updated!

We finally have our date - July 18, 2009
We have everything booked but the DJ for the reception - so we have the church, reception hall & rehersal dinner location, photographer and caterer- we aren't sure what we are serving yet though- & my hair stylist for the day
I guess also we'll have to focus on flowers but that can wait a little bit
We've also got our bridesmaids and groomesmen/attendants asked, all I have to do now is ask people for our flower girl/ring bearer, miniature/junior groomsman & bridesmaid and a few others. We have our engagement photos done & back so those are to be ordered soon as well

I have my wedding dress ordered: http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.a...15&style=A3176
- as well as 2 of the bridesmaid dresses, the other 2 girls will be ordering theirs hopefully soon
I'm so in love with my dress, I really want to put it on right now!

I'm so very excited to have all of this finished!

How are all you doing?