The " Gonna Be Wed " Thread!

ferocity302

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Beautiful! You are both look so cute together! The Bridesmaid dresses are gorgeous.

Only 27 more days until my big day and then off to Disneyland with all the kids for a week.
We're so excited! I'm so glad we have air conditioning in the house so the kitty's can be comfortable while we are gone.

I'll have my mom come check on them and my neices will be here if they need to be played with. LOL

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ferocity302

Beautiful! You are both look so cute together! The Bridesmaid dresses are gorgeous.
I know!! I nearly cried when they came down stairs but I coudn't because I was getting pictures. The funny thing is my cousin who got married on the June 29th had the exact came color for her bridesmaids! Thankfully her girls, all 10 of them, had strapless gowns. DH and I made her reception just after getting off the plane from Hawaii. We were a little tired when it was all done!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is such an exciting thread, I love weddings. Huge congrats to everyone on the happy occassion!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I've been married 9 days! We had a blast even though he got sick 2 days before we came home. As soon as I have pics I'm gonna post them along w/ a little cap of events. I was very happy with everything but the DJ... but I'll go into that later.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats to the recent newly weds!!!

OK, since I'm still in the early planning stages is it just me or is it next to impossible to get a hold of sales people for reception halls and such? I've contacted 10 different places in the last 2 weeks and only 2 have returned my emails. I started to CALL some of them today and I can't get through.

Also I'm signed up on The Knot right now and I'm getting a little annoyed. I live in SE MIchigan and we plan on getting married in Northern Michigan area (Traverse City). They stuck me on a mailing list for SE Michigan so now I'm getting all this information for the places near where I live. I've gone around and fudged where I live, but still no luck.

[/bridezilla rant]

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be prepared to be inundated by bridal magazines and spam! Also, if you have any personal opinions about your wedding music I would NOT recomend Sound Productions (they're in Northern MI)... but if you just want them to do all the work they are a great choice! I had a hard time contating some vendors too... be persistant.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the heads up!

hrmph...you would think that they would WANT to make money
A Part of me just wants to automatically write them off, but well I just have to keep reminding myself most people like to talk rather than type.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WE HAVE A DATE!!!!

We went up north Sunday - Tuesday and found a spot for the ceremony and reception areas. We toured through 4 different sites, one too small, one too expensive, the other required too much for the deposit (50% of the total wedding cost
) so we happily signed the contract for the place that was in our head perfect. The ceremony will be held in the backyard (which is 20 feet from the beach) under a gigantic Willow Tree that is part of the hotel's property.
Then the reception will be held a few hours later inside the hotel (no bay view though
). The main thing that we wanted to address with this is that people that are drinking do as little, if no, driving. We set aside a bunch of rooms for our group and I'm letting everyone know to book a little early since the place is a touristy hot spot.

I'm so excite though

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah! How exciting for you. The lawn sounds very nice. I do love willow trees and getting married where you can see the water it very romantic.

alexa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Only 5 days to go until I'm Mrs! I can't believe it's gone so quickly. We are leaving today for Ireland, where the wedding will take place.
Wish us luck!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loads of luck and most of all HAVE FUN!!! You are so lucky! Ireland would be really cool to be married in

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

WE HAVE A DATE!!!!

We went up north Sunday - Tuesday and found a spot for the ceremony and reception areas. We toured through 4 different sites, one too small, one too expensive, the other required too much for the deposit (50% of the total wedding cost
) so we happily signed the contract for the place that was in our head perfect. The ceremony will be held in the backyard (which is 20 feet from the beach) under a gigantic Willow Tree that is part of the hotel's property.
Then the reception will be held a few hours later inside the hotel (no bay view though
). The main thing that we wanted to address with this is that people that are drinking do as little, if no, driving. We set aside a bunch of rooms for our group and I'm letting everyone know to book a little early since the place is a touristy hot spot.

I'm so excite though
Awww that's great!!!!!!!!
We're still looking for a place to have ours, but hopefully we'll narrow it down soon! When is the wedding?????
I think ours is going to be in March 2008. (still deciding on the date though- eithor the 15,16, or the 22nd)

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Awww that's great!!!!!!!!
We're still looking for a place to have ours, but hopefully we'll narrow it down soon! When is the wedding?????
I think ours is going to be in March 2008. (still deciding on the date though- eithor the 15,16, or the 22nd)
Ours is going to be July 2008. We started saving up money BIG TIME for the event since we don't want to have a lot of debt afterwards. So many coworkers and friends have told me not to take out a loan for it. One guy said that they're still paying off their wedding day from 5 years ago

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Ours is going to be July 2008. We started saving up money BIG TIME for the event since we don't want to have a lot of debt afterwards. So many coworkers and friends have told me not to take out a loan for it. One guy said that they're still paying off their wedding day from 5 years ago
Wow! They're STILL paying off their wedding 5 yrs later
That is insane!! Stories like that are why Colin and I want a nice, simple wedding - but nothing we have to sell our souls for and go into debt right off the bat for ya know! I don't blame you at all -we were origionally going to do November of this year, but that's only 3 months away and not enough time to save and plan, so we decided to wait until March so we can afford everything and not stress so much over it. To me, the wedding's not the most important thing- spending the rest of my life with the man i love is, so i'd rather start off our marriage on the right foot and not go overboard and get us into debt for one day when we'll have the rest of our lives together ya know! I think ya'll are wise to wait too!
What date in July are ya'll having it on?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Exactly!! Besides I would rather spend $30K on a down payment for a new house then one day out of my life. If my parents could help (they're retired) I would spend a little more (or less!). If we're lucky in the end we should be between $10-12K, which is still a lot, but enough for a decent wedding.

Oh and July 19th is the date.

Too bad St. Patty's day is on a Sunday next year for you...otherwise I would say go for that date! Then he doesn't have an excuse to forget

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although awhile after this thread began, I see it is revived so I might as well throw in my wedding plans!

The date is February 5, 2008, and we are having it on the Charleston Battery (aka Battery Park) in downtown Charleston. It overlooks the Charleston Harbor, where the Ashley and Cooper Rivers meet. Since the date is on a Tuesday, we are having a weekend reception on February 9 - location currently unknown! Rob's parents want to have it at a VFW post, but that is REALLY not a nice location for a wedding IMO. Originally had planned on having it in our yard here (5 acres of land to party on!). We are going to "look" at the VFW probably Friday, although I'm 99.9% decided that is not where it's going to be! We are most likely paying for most of this wedding - my parents are in debt and definitely cant afford to. We will be using a friend of Rob's mom for photography - she will only be charging for film and development, not her time spent. We dont want bachelor/bachelorette parties, groomsmen and bridesmaids, DJs, etc. Just a simple wedding
After the wedding we plan on staying at a resort hotel on Isle of Palms for the night. (Isle of Palms is also where he proposed to me on our two year anniversary this past February).

The honeymoon is going to be a cruise to the Caribbean - 7 day Carnival cruise ship going to St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and San Juan. We are flying to Miami the day before, spending the night there before getting on the ship (which will be on my birthday
)

Woo I guess I better get to looking for more reception hall possibilities! All this wedding talk has gotten me super-giddy again! I love just thinking about it

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You'd be surprised. One veterans post (I think it was an American Legions post rather than VFW) looked really nice and we were about to look at it, but it was too far from any hotel and cost about the same.

I do know what you're talking about though the local one by us I know I definitely wouldn't host my reception there.

you're honeymoon sounds fantastic!!! I want that honeymoon!