The Fallen Moon

tsukiyomi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know I never said this before nor introduced either of them but. I have two kittens and one of them passed two months ago. I was forced to euthanize her on March 10th after having my worst fears confirmed on March 9th. As for what killed her? It was the horrific disease known as FIP. I adopted her back on November 22nd and she was sickly from the start but I thought it was just a URI and never bothered the shelter really only telling them that she continued having problems and was tragically diagnosed with FIP.

I adopted her with her sister their names at the time were Rhoda (black) and G.G. (tabby) and they were with their tuxedo sister (Sugar Plum) whom I couldn't adopt due to apartment limits (if I had my way I would have taken all 3). But I took her figuring she was just shy and with her being a black cat I thought she would be doomed if I left her behind.

Recently after she passed I was asked if I regretted adopting her and at times before I wondered what would have happened if I had adopted Sugar Plum instead of one of the two I did but I realized even if I knew this tragic fate would befall her I still would have taken in her in all the same.

I want to be clear I didn't leave either of their names while in my care Rhoda became Tsuki (Japanese for moon intention was to adopt a male and female but since I had two females Tsukiyomi didn't sound right) and he tabby sister G.G. became Sera (Latin name meaning "heavenly winged angel").

At the end of her life she was never alone I stayed till the end and had Sera there as well so that she could say her last good byes. I watched till sometime after she passed from this world. I didn't stay because it was easy in fact my older sister discouraged me from doing so when I mentioned it but I knew I'd regret it if I didn't since I've had to do it once before a little over ten years before this time.

A few hours before I had her euthanized I walked into my apartment bedroom and found her having a seizure all I could do was try to find a way to comfort her than she started yowling in pain before purring to soothe herself. I spent the last couple hours before my vet finally opened just holding her. When it was close to opening all I could do was hope that she didn't just die in the car i just didnt' want her to die there anywhere else but the car she was just too far from my reach in that situation.
When I got to the vet they knew why I was there because I made sure to call them before they opened and they got me in quickly. My vet took the paw print mold and clearly felt horrible about the whole thing everyone there did which was something I had never seen before. The vet I had the first time I went through this was far more cold.

Through all this I realized one thing I wasn't able to change her faite and after it all I can do is take a step forward. It's supposed to be the simplest thing a person can do but after all that it was the hardest thing imaginable

She was loved by both her sister Sera and myself

I'll never forget the shy little girl who was terrified of everyone including me for a long time but eventually tried to clean me it was something I had never seen a cat/kitten do to a person and normally I'd stop it but it seemed to make her happy. I was the only one she ever came to fully trust in spite of the fact she spent a lot of time around my parents/brother in my parents home. She looked so happy upon getting the cat tree and climbing it that first night a week after I adopted her and Sera going from this...

to this...

The memorial which was completed on Friday afternoon after about a month of planning. It contains her last collar given to her the day before she passed, a plate stating her name and DOB/DOD, her paw print, a black frame and well a photo of her in better times. I'll be hanging this on my apartments wall once I find a fitting place. I haven't had the chance to do so yet because I got back here late tonight with her sister.

Goodbye Tsuki tor maybe that's not right. It's not so much goodbye as see you later because it really doesn't matter what awaits me beyond this life I'd find her even if it took a thousand lifetimes. I'd find my forever kitten at all costs.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, I'm so sorry to read this.  What a touching tribute to a sweet and beautiful little cat.  She was lucky to have so much love in her all too brief life.  

riley1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for the loss of you baby.  What a nice paw print & picture. She was certainly a pretty little kitty.   I have my passed boy on the fireplace mantel with his picture, ashes, hair, collar.   & paw print.  The paw print was done after & it does not look all that good but I didn't want to bother him before the end.  It is good to have them where you can see them & grieve.  I had him put down due to cancer on Jan. 19 & still cry for him whenever I can.  I adopted a new cat (too early) & she gets upset when I cry so I have limited places to do this.  I know it's been a bit since your kitty left but I wish you peace & comfort in the days to come.  You never have to say goodbye because they are always with us.

RIP Tsuki

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a beautiful tribute for a beautiful girl.  I am so sorry for your loss.  She was blessed to have come to be with you.  

catconcern

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rip poor kitty. What a nice post and tribute for her. You looked after here well. You did a fantastic job and gave her a good life and a good farewell.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful little girl. I wouldn't regret taking her from the shelter either. She would have passed away there and instead she had a chance to be in a home with her sister and someone who loved her very much. You did a wonderful thing for this sweet little girl. I have no doubt that you will be reunited with her one day. I don't think that you'll have to go look for her at all. I'm betting that she will be by your side before you even have a chance to go look for her. 

This was a really sweet tribute to her. Forgive me if it's too soon to ask but have you considered going back for Sugar Plum? Sera is likely grieving for her sister as well and having Sugar Plum there might  help. 

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful tribute to such a sweet little girl! My heart goes out to you, please accept my sincerest condolences on your loss, I know how empty the house feels in those first painful weeks. I want to thank you for giving that precious baby a loving home and making her last few months on this earth joyful, you will surely be blessed for your compassion and kindness that you showered on her. My heart aches when I think of how much you and Sera are missing her, I pray that you both find comfort in your precious memories. She will be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge and one day you all will have a joyous reunion. Take care of yourself and please kiss Sera for me........ RIP sweet Tsuki, you will live on forever in your family's hearts!

pharber-murphy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful tribute to a beautiful little girl. I wish I'd known about the paw print molds when I had Mr. Grimsby euthanized on March 20th. I'd love to have a copy of his paw! I have a small photo of him, with a locket of his hair and his rabies tag on my bedside table. It gives me great comfort because I keep expecting to see him when I go to bed at night and get up in the morning. At least I can say, "Good morning, my precious" to his picture if  not him.

Tsuki will be playing with our other furry friends across the rainbow bridge. When you cross over, you'll join her there and be happy ever after.

My deepest sympathy to you and Sera.

Best regards.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tsukiyomi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Beautiful Tsuki 

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful little girl. I wouldn't regret taking her from the shelter either. She would have passed away there and instead she had a chance to be in a home with her sister and someone who loved her very much. You did a wonderful thing for this sweet little girl. I have no doubt that you will be reunited with her one day. I don't think that you'll have to go look for her at all. I'm betting that she will be by your side before you even have a chance to go look for her. 

This was a really sweet tribute to her. Forgive me if it's too soon to ask but have you considered going back for Sugar Plum? Sera is likely grieving for her sister as well and having Sugar Plum there might  help. 
I don't think she would have been left to pass away where she was. I do firmly believe that if they knew she wasn't well she would have been taken back into her foster home but I took her home an tried to give her a god life.

As for Sugar Plum well I adopted Sera/Tsuki on 11/22/14 and she was adopted a few days later and Tsuki didn't pass till March. If she had still had the misfortune of being there still I would have applied and adopted her in a heart beat. I actually thought of adopting Sera/Tsuki's mother Carla at one point but with Sera's energy decided against it.

What a beautiful tribute for a beautiful girl.  I am so sorry for your loss.  She was blessed to have come to be with you.  
Thank you :)

I am so sorry for the loss of you baby.  What a nice paw print & picture. She was certainly a pretty little kitty.   I have my passed boy on the fireplace mantel with his picture, ashes, hair, collar.   & paw print.  The paw print was done after & it does not look all that good but I didn't want to bother him before the end.  It is good to have them where you can see them & grieve.  I had him put down due to cancer on Jan. 19 & still cry for him whenever I can.  I adopted a new cat (too early) & she gets upset when I cry so I have limited places to do this.  I know it's been a bit since your kitty left but I wish you peace & comfort in the days to come.  You never have to say goodbye because they are always with us.

RIP Tsuki
Sorry to hear it doesn't look as good :(. I tried to adopt a new kitten 3 days after she passed but it fell through when the shelter finally looked into how she passed. It wasn't the last time I was given misinformation by them. I went there three times and gave up for me at least if the shelter is in the Chicago suburbs it's a hassle.

Oh, I'm so sorry to read this.  What a touching tribute to a sweet and beautiful little cat.  She was lucky to have so much love in her all too brief life.  
Thank you and yeah she was loved viewed her as my baby. I've always treated my pets as my family since they are.

snugglecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your tribute has me in tears. I'm so sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers go out to you during this difficult time.

RIP sweet Tsuki