The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2024

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made it to stroller strides last Friday and today. Plan to go again this Friday and next Tuesday to get my 5 classes in for the month.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I finally have something to post.
My Fitbit week goes Sun to Sat, and it wants me to walk 5 of those days and I did it. :yess:

1706445128525.png

Sun - 20 minutes
Mon - 26 minutes
Tue - 28 minutes
Fri - 27 minutes
Sat - 27 minutes

Planning a walk again today.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I keep forgetting to post here, but I have been doing quite a lot. Plenty of long walks in the woods. I love this time of year, as long as there's not too much snow around.

Yesterday I did 30 minutes power yoga, a 90 minute walk and then 45 minutes deep stretch yoga.

Today and tomorrow might be snow shoveling as a warm up. I'll try and go for a walk after that.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I walked 5 days last week. Missed Friday. Shoveling snow yesterday and today. So a decent amount of cardio .

Last edited:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I almost couldn't do it. On your knees,right leg next to left knee,stand up on one leg,squat,knee up,repeat on other leg. Do one rep on both legs up to five and back down. I had to hang on to something. I haven't done his workouts in a long time.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I almost couldn't do it. On your knees,right leg next to left knee,stand up on one leg,squat,knee up,repeat on other leg. Do one rep on both legs up to five and back down. I had to hang on to something. I haven't done his workouts in a long time.
I'm going to have to try that later.

I've been doing lots of long walks in the snow, which are harder than walks without snow because it takes more effort to pull your feet out of the stuff. Plenty of yoga too. Yesterday I did 90 minutes yoga and a two hour walk.

Looking forward to spring, when I don't have to shovel my way out of the house every morning. We've got more snow forecast for next week.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to have to try that later.

I've been doing lots of long walks in the snow, which are harder than walks without snow because it takes more effort to pull your feet out of the stuff. Plenty of yoga too. Yesterday I did 90 minutes yoga and a two hour walk.

Looking forward to spring, when I don't have to shovel my way out of the house every morning. We've got more snow forecast for next week.
I work sales floor at target. Continuously pushing and pulling heavy stuff so I totally understand how you feel! So glad that winter is short here

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've been doing lots of long walks in the snow, which are harder than walks without snow because it takes more effort to pull your feet out of the stuff.
I've been doing pretty regular walks too. But not in snow. That sounds exhausting.

I'm so looking forward to spring too. We had more snow overnight, so more shoveling this morning. No more forecast for us, for now.

I work sales floor at target. Continuously pushing and pulling heavy stuff
My back and neck feel achy just reading that.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I work sales floor at target. Continuously pushing and pulling heavy stuff so I totally understand how you feel!
I used to work in retail. It's tough, isn't it? I'm very grateful to have a job I can do sitting down now.

90 minute walk and 30 minute yoga yesterday, 90 minutes yoga today.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm feeling pretty energetic recently. I think it might be because spring is almost here. I've been doing 90 minute yoga routines every day and focusing on some of the more challenging poses like arm balances or inversions. I've had a couple of long walks too. I might even have enough energy for some spring cleaning if the weather stays nice.

90 minutes of yoga on Friday.
90 minute walk and 90 minutes of yoga on Saturday.
Two 1 hour yoga practices yesterday.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
"I walked around the block 4x
Then picked up the blocks and put them in the toy chest"

Did something similar. Every time it's time to give my cat her med we walk around my cats long rectangular scratch bed 4x then she stops and I pick her up. I get dizzy
That's my exercise today!

mister obama

don daleiden at my house...
Young Cat
Purraise
"I walked around the block 4x
Then picked up the blocks and put them in the toy chest"

Did something similar. Every time it's time to give my cat her med we walk around my cats long rectangular scratch bed 4x then she stops and I pick her up. I get dizzy
That's my exercise today!
I liked "walking around the blocks" very creative!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
How's everyone doing?

I still haven't been able to go horse riding, there's too much snow around. Maybe in a few weeks.

:crossfingers:

I've been doing lots of long walks, I have big plans for this year's hiking season so I'm trying to build my stamina up. Lots of yoga too, aiming for 3 hours exercise every day.

And then there's shoveling snow and hauling fire wood. It's snowing again today, better get that shovel out.

1709604826802.png
1709604826802.png
1709604826802.png
1709604826802.png
1709604826802.png
1709604826802.png
1709604826802.png

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been doing stroller strides and a few walks to the park in nicer weather. I need to do better.