The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 hours 30 minutes of cutting, chopping and tossing wood today, outdoor temperatures have fallen now it was only 12C (53.6F), so it is quite nice as I don't sweat so horribly.

I really, really would like to have a claws like a cat, firewood would not slip from my grip all the time then, nails of humans are pretty useless compared how good claws of cat are.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today was my day off.

:woohoo:

I got up at 5 this morning and walked for an hour, hoping to catch sight of my missing cat before every one else was up. No luck I'm afraid.

This afternoon I went horse riding for 90 minutes.

I rode a new horse today, Momoka. She was wonderful, I'm totally smitten with her. She's a pacer and she knows how to neck rein. @Columbine
 will appreciate that. We had such a nice ride. At one point we were cantering through the woods and a group of deer grazing in the forest took off and cantered along side us.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of her. Have to take some next time.
:( So sorry there's still no sign of Gin Kun. Get that furry butt home now, mister! And stop worrying your mum so much! :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Oh :wow: Momoka sounds wonderful :heart3::heart2::heart3: Pics next time you see her please :pix::eyebrows::worship: I've never ridden a pacer, but I've heard they're amazing to ride :heart3: AND neck reining too - was she trained western-style then? I love the absolute lightness that comes from that way of training :9:

Sorry I've been MIA for a while guys - still having meds issues (including running a fever of 100+ every day) :frusty::sigh: No 'formal' exercise until today, but I've been moving a ton, and been out (so walked) a lot more too.

Today I did 70mins of yoga. Wanted to do 2hrs, but fibro has kicked off again big time, and between the exhaustion and the pain (back spasms are still a huge issue) I just couldn't do it. Wanted to quit after 20mins, but made myself keep going for the whole 'class' (LOVING YouTube yoga classes! :9: ). Hoping to get back on track now, but not promising anything.....

You're all doing amazingly :clap: Keep it up guys - I need the inspiration :hyper::sheep:

Winchester Winchester I hope taking the weekend off from the treadmill helps with your pain issues. Sciatic pain is hell :cringe::alright::vibes:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's one way to look at it, I guess! I did think of your post this morning :) , when I was on the treadmill and wiping my face and neck with the tail of my t-shirt! I was really sweating again this morning. Sweat is a good thing. I understand that. I just don't like doing it! :lol3:

3.5 miles on the treadmill. Finished up at 4.5 mph for the last mile. :woohoo:  
You can always think this one too, I did weight myself after filling up for bike ride, I was surprised it was 87.5kg but then again I did drink a lot of water, after bike ride weight was 84.8kg, so 2.5kg (5.5 pounds) lost in 2.5 hours, mostly water and glycogen, but I wish at least some fat and most of carbs I did eat.

2243 calories burned during those 2.5 hours, 44.5km (27.65 mile) ride.

Amount of sweat was phenomenal, I had breathing wind stopper jacket and on pocket of that cardboard box of fresh mints, box was like if it would of been thrown to lake.

Can't even blame the temperature, it was 5C / 41F when I came back just moment ago.

Of course ride was quite hard, some bats flew with me, dog without owner followed me and I tried to tell it to go home, no moose or any other big creatures though, but I tried to keep intensity level around 80% during most of the ride.

Average heart rate was 140 and maximum was 165, I think that heart rate was bit higher than usual, it was relatively easy to hold 150bpm for long time.

That gives me 2 rest days for legs.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
3 miles on the treadmill this morning. I wasn't going to do anything, but I got up and put my sneakers on without even thinking about it. That would have been a waste of sneaker time
, so I went downstairs. 

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Walked the two miles as usual this morning. But is wasn't really as usual because a black bear came out of the woods and crossed the road in front of us. He was a small bear, about 150 lbs. It was still close and we quickly turned around. A few minutes later, we met a couple on bikes. We didn't tell them and they went whizzing on. It was a bit too close for comfort. I really started sweating then.
150lbs is a small bear?! That's still more than I weigh, I would have squealed like a girl and run home.

@Columbine  Yes, Momoka was really special. Her paces were so smooth and she responded to the slightest touch. One of those ponies that you ride and think "I'm actually quite good at riding" Next time I'll get a less responsive pony who'll keep taking bites out of the hedge and I'll lose my stirrups every time I try to change the gait and I'll think "No,  I really suck at this."

Still no Gin. I walked for an hour this morning then another hour this evening looking for him. The tracks around here are laid out in a grid, so I walk in one direction for 30 minutes, turn left, turn left again and then come home. I take a different track every time so I guess I do a complete circuit of this area every five days.

Of course he could be moving too, or he could be in the thickly wooded areas between the tracks. Most likely he's sitting on the deck of an empty house listening to me call and pretending he doesn't know me. Oh well, at least I'm getting plenty of exercise.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Norachan Norachan We have them here in the five to six hundred pound range. We have seen them in the fields behind the house in the early mornings midday and late evenings. There are a lot of them around here. This year we are surrounded by soybeans on three sides and so I feel better. When there is corn in the field I look carefully before I trek out the back yard. :lol3:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I did my triceps which I didn't do on frid. That's probably not allowed so I didn't ask Rohan if it was ok lol!! Then I did my light squats and 10 mins of cardio. My kids were outside and they were cheering me on saying "you can do it Mummy. You are strong". That was so cute and awesome. It helped me squeeze a bit more out of myself. :)
Today is my rest day.
Keep moving everybody.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
@Norachan We have them here in the five to six hundred pound range. We have seen them in the fields behind the house in the early mornings midday and late evenings. There are a lot of them around here. This year we are surrounded by soybeans on three sides and so I feel better. When there is corn in the field I look carefully before I trek out the back yard.
You're so brave! I don't think I would ever leave the house if the bears around here were that big.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not been to the gym since Monday.. It has been a very busy week. 

Yesterday, I stayed in and really cleaned the house.. dusting, vacuuming, sweeping.. cleaning up the litter bathroom. shaking rugs out, etc..

So I did get a lot of movement in.. 

Today Is a PetSmart (shelter--adoption area) volunteering day...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
4.25 miles on the treadmill this morning. I'm doing laundry and wanted to get a load out of the dryer before I came up. So I just hung around on the treadmill for a while.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is my Friday's bike ride, altitude is from 524 feet to 803 feet, I had knobbly tires with very low pressure so speeds are not that high, but it makes nicer ride on gravel roads and more effort is more training, right?

Today is my 2nd rest day, according to Polar web page I should keep at least 1 or 2 rest days more before my next workout, but I might do upper body workouts tomorrow if weather permits. I don't have enough space indoors to do those, my arms are hitting walls in this tiny room.

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did 10 mins of cardio this morning and at midday did my back heavy and chest light with Rohan. My rest breaks have increased during sets and my light sets (TORQ) have doubled. I'm going to bed early tonight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
3.25 miles on the treadmill this morning. We're going to spend the day shopping today, so we will be walking quite a bit. Still walking while shopping isn't the same as walking for exercise, so I decided to hit the treadmill for a bit.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
90 minutes walk yesterday.

One hour of walking and one hour of yoga today. I've also been doing a bit of decorating around the house. I repainted two sliding doors that were covered in cat scratches. I think using a roller must count as good arm exercise, my arms are tired now.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
30 minutes of running, despite it is my rest day, but had to move calorie allowance bar bit higher to stay in deficit.

I did sweat a lot, it was around 17C so not very cold or warm, t-shirt and shorts felt bit lot still.

Running did go well though as I had so much carbs to burn off.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No formal exercise for me recently :anon: Been in too much pain from fibro flares :frusty: Constant fever isn't exactly helping either :slant: Still no exercise today, but there's been a hell of a lot of movement! Maybe that counts for something.....?

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No formal exercise for me recently :anon: Been in too much pain from fibro flares :frusty: Constant fever isn't exactly helping either :slant: Still no exercise today, but there's been a hell of a lot of movement! Maybe that counts for something.....?
Any movement counts, but if you have fever, it might be better to let body rest completely?

Too low calories can cause fever too, immune system gets weaker so it might be good idea to increase calorie intake to maintenance when having a fever, that is if you have had calorie deficit lately.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Any movement counts, but if you have fever, it might be better to let body rest completely?

Too low calories can cause fever too, immune system gets weaker so it might be good idea to increase calorie intake to maintenance when having a fever, that is if you have had calorie deficit lately.
Thank you :hugs::touch:
Yeah - increasing calories is something I'm struggling with at the moment :slant: I'm resting as much as I can, but it isn't always easy :rolleyes2 Asha's doing her furry best to pin me down for cuddles as much as possible though :heart3::lol3:

Status
Not open for further replies.