the drama and fighting is getting real with cats on my block...need advice!

VegasJeff

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So it all started when this "new" blue-gray cat showed up in my neighborhood. There were 2 existing community cats here, one we call "Tiger" cat which is a pure tabby and he is the father of my indoor cat. The other existing cat was an old furry female that we call "Porch" kitty because that is where she usually is, she is multicolor with some slight gray hair. Our indoor cat is male and we call him Mr.Kitty which I only let outside in the mornings.

So when the new cat first showed up a few days ago, at the beginning of the night, him and tiger cat went at it. It appears like they are the same size but when you look at them from the front, the new cat is about twice as wide, so definitely bigger than tiger cat. Their howling at each other didn't look to be going to well for tiger cat. I was afraid he was gonna get pushed out of the neighborhood and lose his territory.

So fast forward to this morning and I saw Tiger cat so I put extra food in the bowl we leave on our porch. Then I noticed he had a big gash on the side of his neck I guess from some serious fighting and his ear on the other side looked scratched up bad. I saw new kitty across the street. If you try to go near new kitty he will howl at you and won't let you come close.

Porch kitty has been missing for a few days. This isn't the first time she would have disappeared for a few days but it seems to be a strange coincidence with new cat around. Last time I saw her I thought she kicked the new cats ass because she was fiercely guarding the back entrance to our porch which I never saw her do and I never thought she had it in her to beat up another cat.

I was hoping if I put enough food out maybe they would all just get along eventually. Now maybe I just need to get one of those traps I hear people talk about and see if I can catch this new cat. What do you think?

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Extra food isn't going to help them get along. It sounds like the new one is probably intact so if you can trap him and get him neutered that might help, but since they've already gotten into a pretty serious fight it might not.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

VegasJeff

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So late last night we saw porch kitty in between the houses 2 houses down from us. She doesn't seem to be acting like her usual self and isn't spending any time on our porch. I'm contacting the Animal Control today to see if I can get one of their loaner traps and see if I can catch this new cat.