The Day in the Life of Suva

The_Baroness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IMG_20220823_120326786_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Hello! I am Suva. This is going to be my almost daily diary. Whenever my humans remember to update.

Some things you will have missed.
  • I already had a deworming vet visit and found out I was 4 weeks old that day. I go back for my first round of vaccines September 12th when I am 7 weeks old!
  • I was litter trained in a tank. My original carrier had to be cleaned and aired out. My owners had bought a deep tank for a mouse at one point, but that never planned out. I was also too small to escape and was where I was most comfortable pooping at the time. I am litter box trained now though!
Today, I took a nap and when I woke up my nails weren't as long as before! (She was passed out and it is the only time she doesn't squirm.)
IMG_20220829_181818294.jpg

My owner dad also bought this cardboard thingy that makes a great place to play. (She doesn't understand scratching pads yet.)
IMG_20220829_155811731.jpg

I also started a new wet food today. It smells good so I try to bury it before and after I eat it so it doesn't go to waste.

I also had a few zoomie sessions and I like it when my owner mom smacks her legs. It makes me motivated to run around like crazy!

That is all I did today. Other than a lot of cat naps!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

The_Baroness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today promptly woke up at 6 am. After eating some breakfast, I yelled for mom to come get me from the office. I can't believe she went back to the bedroom without me. She brought me in and shut the door and I zoomied around. Dad and mom took forever to wake up.

Mom took a small nap on the futon. I decided to crawl and snuggle up on her legs which startled her when she work up. I then zoomied some more until she brought up her lunch. I tried tasting some of it on her face.
IMG_20220830_150525920.jpg

After my nails were magically shorter, I had to relearn how to use my claws to climb things. Dad did a makeshift ramp to help me up onto the futon. I like my new cave thing.
IMG_20220829_201806550.jpg

Dad removed the painting barrier that kept me in the office! I was able to zoom from the bedroom to the office and back! I also discovered what my pet parents call "stairs". I did okay on going down a few, but it was much easier going up.

I don't know what is going on, but I am excited that I am in the bedroom with them during the day. They moved my food, water, litter, and carrier in here. I zoomied around for a bit before realizing I could cuddle with them while they slept. I fell asleep on mom and the next thing I know I am on dad. (I got too warm with her and she kept snuggling to my throat making me panic from claustrophobia.) After I woke up, I got some more food and zoomied again.

I explored downstairs a little bit. Got some spider webs stuck to my feet that mom had to rescue me from. She says I am a pretty confident kitty. Mom scooped me up and took me up most of the stairs before encouraging me to go up them myself. I didn't want to go back up yet, but her hands are impervious to my biting and nails. I am now contained in the office again.

Mom brought up something that smells amazing in a white box. I kept trying to claw to get into it. I sniffed it a bunch, but mom kept moving it out of my reach. Finally I had enough and went to eat my own food. (It was a salad).

Dad and mom went to celebrate their birthday. When they came back, they didn't realize the litter box was full of 3 pee spots, so I went and pooped on the carpet. Mom used a spray to take care of it, but she didn't seem to like my makeshift bathroom spot. Mom says until she trusts that I will only poop in a litter box again, I have to sleep in my carrier. Hopefully she has learned how clean my box needs to be at all times. (I have, trust me, I have.)

That is all that happened today! I am going to take a nap on my blanket now.
IMG_20220829_070218756.jpg

The_Baroness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My dad and mom decided to let me romo around the bedroom in the end last night when they went to bed. They moved all my stuff over. Dad got me a small nightlight so I could see while playing.

I really like climbing bookbags. I climbed up and jumped behind one before realizing I was stuck behind a dresser and a bookbag I can't climb up the backside of. Mom woke up first to me scratching the back of it. Dad rescued me. After my rescue, I decided to vanquish the mighty beast: Mom's feet. Quickly after, dad put me in my carrier for the rest of the night.

In the morning after I started mewing and scratching the carrier, mom let me out and I ran to eat breakfast. While they took forever to wake up, I got zoomies. Everything was moved back to the office and I figured out how to get over the office barrier that contained me. Mom let me run around downstairs before scooping me up and closing the office door with her and me in it.

Later my aunt and gigi came over to visit me. I played with them for a bit and then showed them my scary face on the futon. (Quickly gasping makes her go into a playful fighting stance mode and she zooms on the futon. I make/made sure she understands it is play and she is never stressed after). Gigi took a picture with me and headed out. My aunt watched me while mom took a long nap. I started attacking her with bites when she woke up because I was low on food. (The bites don't hurt, but I wish she would just meow.) I don't understand how she is always tired.
IMG_20220831_145040392.jpg

After not pooping from last night, I started scaring mom a bit. She watched me like a hawk which made me not want to poop longer. I finally decided to have a big poop in the litter box when she left the room for a bit. She let me run downstairs because she wanted to air out the room. She shook plastic bags and that made me zoomie. (Checking litter bags for holes.)
IMG_20220831_073305787.jpg

Mom took me back up stairs and I took a few more naps until dad got home. They did a different makeshift barrier at the upstairs landing so I can't get access to the stairs. They closed the door to the office with me in it with all my stuff as they went out again. I was excited when they came back.

Tonight they said something about me having free reign of the upstairs while they sleep. I don't know the plans I have yet, but I will figure them out as I go.

(Tried getting a close up of her eye)
IMG_20220831_144534645.jpg

The_Baroness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The past two nights I was given full range of the upstairs other than the bathroom. Dad and mom have completely kitten proofed the stairs. I yell at them every now and then to let me down but they don't. I mean they have let me down but I want down there more often.

I got zoomies right at the parents bedtime. I climbed all over mom for the past two nights. I don't understand why she won't let me sleep on her shoulder or side. I get angry when I am moved. (I sleep on my side and she claws into me if she falls.)

Today the lawn care maintenance came around and I got spooked by the noises so I hid in the blanket cave mom made.
IMG_20220902_101738297.jpg

After that was done, I decided to settle for a nap. (Will probably post more frequently but shorter amounts of the day as I forget a lot of stuff that happens.)
IMG_20220902_102805558.jpg

The_Baroness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, the past few days were fun! I figured out how to get out of the kitten proof barrier at the top of the stairs finally. My pet parents were very surprised and glad they decided on take out instead of eating at a restaurant. As where I got through I had no way of getting back in. So I slept on a blanket until they got back.

This morning my clean litter box was not up to my standard, so I peed on my carrier and pooped on the carpet. I have no clue why my dad and mom were not happy. They shut me in a room and I heard a scary monster on the other side. (We used a pet pee/poo spray on the areas and vacuumed the whole office and upstairs hallway.)

Before they noticed the bathroom incident, we played zoomies in the bedroom. After I started biting mom for me telling her I wanted breakfast. That is all that has happened for now!
IMG_20220903_090329342.jpg

The_Baroness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today was a vet visit over concerns that started with me avoiding the litter box and looking like I was struggling to pee. I was blocked up. I am now napping and get to go back tomorrow to see if I am better. Ironic that I get to also go back again this coming Monday for my first set of vaccines.
IMG_20220906_175339399.jpg

(Not going into much detail as she has a separate thread about all that has transpired.)

The_Baroness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I went back to the vets on Wednesday and was kept there. After feeling better, I yelled for attention. After I got home from that I ate a lot of food. I peed after coming home but didn't poop until yesterday. I did pee and poop this morning.

I played zoomies with my mom's hand over the edge of the bed. I am a ferocious tiger accord to mom. I am getting bigger. Look at me compared to a gallon of milk.
IMG_20220909_120347445.jpg

Mom also says I am "toasting". I am not entirely sure what that means.
We played downstairs a good bit! Mom m would wave her hand and I would go into my play fighting stance and hop around. I tired myself out from that and am going to nap for now!
IMG_20220909_121905214.jpg

(The gym shorts lie 😂 I am not in highschool nor did I go to that highschool.)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry you needed to go to the vet because of a blockage but glad they were able to help you. I hope your Monday vet visit goes more smoothly. :crossfingers:

The_Baroness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have been a "menace" this weekend. I finally decided to use my litter box...most of the time. Yesterday I used dad and mom's printer as a litter box to pee. (Thankfully no pee actually got in the printer.) I attacked dad's feet a lot. He is "tickle-ish" and it is fun attacking him. I am now able to zoom up and down the stairs fairly easily. I also napped on mom today while she played a hunting game on her PS4. I tried attacking the moving gun, but couldn't catch it. I have yet to figure out how to catch this dark looking thing that appears under me downstairs. (She doesn't understand her shadow yet and keeps trying to catch the shadows of her ears. 😂)
Here is me with a super tiny blep.
IMG_20220909_202811665.jpg

The_Baroness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today was a vet visit. I did not like this one but...well at least the part where they drew blood for the combo test. I came back negative for both. I let them know of my disapproval of that. Mom said she heard me and looked on the verge of tears. I have a bandaid from that.
IMG_20220912_151215045.jpg

After that I got my first round of vaccines. That wasn't too horrible. The vet told mom things to look out for. I also got another round of dewormer just in case. Mom made me some lunch to help me calm my nerves when we got home.
IMG_20220912_154534083.jpg

(The bandaid is going to come off in minute.)

The_Baroness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The past week has been hectic for my pet parents. They told me my uncle was going to babysit me this weekend and then told me yesterday I was coming with instead. Apparently he is sick.

My aunt came over today and I am cuddling with her as mom cleans the apartment and car for tomorrow. I pooped outside my litter box in the office. Mom wasn't thrilled, but was glad I pooped. I find it weird she scoops my poop and pee still.

I was told I get to go harness shopping later. Not sure what that entails, but I guess I am excited?

Photo of her reacting to her pet dad upstairs.
IMG_20220915_124739223.jpg

The_Baroness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The trip was fun! After my pet parents let me ride outside my carrier on my mom's lap on a blanket, I fell asleep for the ride to.
IMG_20220916_184034412.jpg

While there I had no litter box accidents. I was confident and settled nicely. I learned I am unsure of fans. I met other family and zoomed a lot in the room we stayed in.
On the way back home, mom discovered I don't like rain or windshield wipers. I may have scratched her up a bit. She says I need to be desensitized to both, but I don't know how I feel about that.
IMG_20220918_152211628_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220918_150943692_HDR.jpg

Finally back home and to my rightful place of warmth.
IMG_20220918_190421771.jpg

(Laptop charger is under the towel.)

The_Baroness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yesterday and today was rough. Mom saw blood in my pee last night. I slept in the bathroom because I kept peeing on the carpet. Mom noticed I had a fever too. We went to the vet this morning and I didn't like my temperature being taken. Why do they take it where I poop? I accidentally bit dad a few times before realizing it was him and giving apology licks. My fever broke by the time we went to the vets. My vet said it wasn't the best temp but better than where it could be given the situation. Oh, I also puked last night. I was given some antibiotics to take until they come back with the urinalysis results tomorrow. Right now I am napping a lot in a makeshift cave. Also confined to the downstairs where my pee is easier to clean.
IMG_20220921_114845431.jpg

The_Baroness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The vet called yesterday and I have a UTI. I keep on the antibiotics for 2 weeks. My litter box is now set up in the downstairs bathroom. I sometimes pee in the shower which my parents don't seem to mind as much as the kitchen floor. I am now on a food schedule because the vet that gave my mom the meds forgot to say to give it to me on a full stomach and I puked up my lunch. After the vets talked to my mom about that I have been unhappy about that. I eat a bit and then my food disappears. I know my mom hides it somewhere. I still only pee in small amounts.
IMG_20220922_111517993.jpg

The_Baroness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry for not giving updates recently. Suva is doing better and getting a lot bigger.
When we first got her:
IMG_20220826_075243911.jpg

And now:
IMG_20221001_184341877.jpg

During the UTI, we moved her litterbox into the downstairs shower. Which was working great until she liked the shower floor more than the litterbox. We are about to experiment with pee pads in the base of the shower.
IMG_20220923_071540291.jpg

My ADHD has made me forget to update this unintentionally.
She is still little hellion with habits I need to learn to break. My recent one is her biting me and my husband's wrists when she runs out of food during the night and early morning. One, it hurts. Two, she also will bite my back and goes after me more often as I am "mom" the bringer of food. Any advice there would be great.

The_Baroness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry I haven't been talkative much! A lot has been going on and I forgot! I am a lot bigger now and that means I have started getting into many different things. I weighed 4.10 pounds at the vets today!
IMG_20221114_110354961.jpg

I assure you, I was not as sweet as my picture shows. I let my mom and the vets know my immeasurable discomfort by growling and hissing at them. Still didn't stop the shots from happening. I did get treats out of it though.

I rode in the car with my harness on. My didn't want me stressing out in my carrier (I am a big yowler when inside it). I rode well. Just climbed from the seat to the floor board and back to the seat.

I am slowly getting used to the harness overall. It is a smidge too big and I like to slide one of my paws into neck part sometimes.

Once home I chilled in the window for a bit.
IMG_20221114_120755487.jpg

My mom realized I know a few word commands...more phrase than command.

"Look what I got" makes me look to see what she has. "You ready" makes me get into a hunting position for a toy about to be launched. "Come on let's go" means to go downstairs for either food or a litterbox visit.

My mom says my cuteness makes up for my lack of intelligence...which she only says after I can't find the toy she threw.

I am getting over my fear of the sink with running water. I try biting it or placing my paw into the water. Unless mom holds me near it. Then I freak out.
IMG_20221110_085144032.jpg

I am tuckered out from everything that happened today. Imma choke my mom out by sleeping on her neck. Sleep well.
IMG_20221114_141351982.jpg

The_Baroness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today was a lot of cuddling. I really like my mom's lap and overalls. I helped with putting up laundry and putting hangers into shirts.
IMG_20221115_093301825.jpg

IMG_20221115_093213016.jpg

Later on while I cuddled with mom, she felt one of my ears were crusty on the outside. Only to discover I had poop on my ear and she touched it....which led to a bath. I also had dored poop on several paws.
IMG_20221115_113409134.jpg
Post bath naps are the best. I did escape the towel and mom called me a "drowned rat", which I don't know what that is.
IMG_20221115_120142538.jpg

I eventually crawled back because she was warm to dry with. She covered me up with a blanket when I came back and I was her "scarf" for my 2 hour long nap.

My vaccines I got yesterday still have me pretty tired. I still get zoomies, but mom can tell I am not as wired as I normally am. Sleeping on her legs again. Goodnight!
IMG_20221115_203121553.jpg

The_Baroness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was uneventful. Today was. I mewoed loudly a lot as mom kept leaving me outside of the bedroom. She would teaze me everytime she opened the door. I didn't care. I got what I wanted.

My uncle came over today and I have voiced my opinions on him by hissing multiple times. And by peeing on a towel in the towel hamper.

My milk jug size update.
IMG_20221117_085618675.jpg

The most unblurry one my mom could take.
That is all for today.