The Community Kitty Chose My House To Have Her Kittens In.

Flormartinez0246

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The community kitty came in today and had her kittens. 1st one came around 10 pm and the 6th around midnight. I think she still has another one still inside but she seems to have stopped laboring. Not sure if I should give her time or take her to the vet. She is very calm and caring for the ones already born. She has already eaten and is back in the corner with her kittens.

Mummycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The community kitty came in today and had her kittens. 1st one came around 10 pm and the 6th around midnight. I think she still has another one still inside but she seems to have stopped laboring. Not sure if I should give her time or take her to the vet. She is very calm and caring for the ones already born. She has already eaten and is back in the corner with her kittens.
If you can, please get the family to the vet. If there's another one still inside, need to get it out fast for the kitten's and mummy's safety. (Personal experience, I waited too long and lost a kitten. Thankfully, mummy cat was fine.)

Also if you can, get mummy cat neutered when she can be. Unless you don't mind fostering her next litter too :lol: But seriously, do get her neutered. Some cities have neutering programmes for community cats that you can tap on. All the best.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree with Talking. No need to rush you can calmly wait and see.

Also big chance its just the uterus being swollen and feels as a kitten left.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I want to tx you you helped this cat and her children. She apparently trusts you , choosing your home and letting you examine her etc

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ps of course IF you notice any trouble alarming you do contact a vet asap.