The cats of Jiskefet House

jiskefet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No less than 8 new cats in one go....

Catweazle, 13 years old, a very social boy, who seems to think small dogs are some sort of very strange cats, but he still likes to play with them. He is the stalking reporter with a column in our community paper. He loves to sit at the bus stop and let himself be petted by whoever is waiting for the bus. But he would also accompany people, often perfect strangers, to the community centre or the supermarket. He is getting old now and stays closer to home.

Ricky is 9, a laid back tuxedo tom, who was chosen for me by my late cat Jiskefet (in my avatar). When I found Jiskefet dead, I swore I did not want another cat, but the very moment I threw the first spadefull of earth into his grave, the thought hit me with perfect certainty: We have to be at such and such shelter at 11 pm tomorrow morning. Ricky was waiting there for us, behaving as if he had known we were coming. He was very clumsy when he forst came to us, an indoor cat, who had never learned to walk or jump on fences. But

Catweazle soon taught him all he needed to know... 

Tosca is nearly 8 years old, and she is semi-feral, she comes to us to eat, and will show herself to us if she needs help, but she more or less lives in the park opposite our street. She was very close with Jiskefet, and when he died, she started staying away for longer periods. Jiskefet liked to be home, and I think she came home more in those days because she liked being with him, in spite of her longing to live a free life.

Josje is about 6 months younger than Tosca. She was the cat of a friend of mine, who died a few years ago. She was fully indoor, too. But she loves to wander around and meet other cats, dogs and people. All the neighbourhood children are crazy about her. She is a beautiful girl, and I am convinced she is a British Shorthair cross.

Wobbel was kicked out of his house by his owner's ex-partner shortly after he kicked his owner out. He lived on the street for a while, till neighbours 'advertized' his plight on a cat forum. We don't know his age. The neighbours thought he was relatively young, but according to the vet he must now be about 8 years old. It took him some time to settle in, as he wasn't used to share his home with other cats, but he is now very close with Catweazle.

Xena is our youngest lady, though she is not very ladylike. She is a true warrior princess, though she can also be a big baby, and she loved little Gaudi. She was devastated when he got ill and died. Xena was found at a camp site when she was 6 weeks old and taken to a rescue, where we got her at 12 weeks. She will be 3 in September.

Connor MacLeod is just over a year old. He was found on the street with his mother and siblings when he was 4 weeks old. We adopted his brother Gaudi at 12 weeks, but sadly, Gaudi died of FIP when he was only 10 months old. The rescue offered us another cat for free, and after a mismatch with a cream tom, we decided to take Gaudi's last remaining brother. He is named after the immortal Highlander because 2 of his littermates have died of FIP, so he will need more than 9 lives to reach a respectable age.

And then there is Romeo, who will be 2 in October. He is the cream mismatch we had before Connor. He was so pushy he got all the other cats on edge, it was hissing, growling and pawing all around, and if the other cat ran, he went after them to fight. REALLY, seriously fight. He even fought with Ricky, who gets on with every cat and had never been in a fight in all his life. He even attacked me, or rather, he attacked Catweazle for sittin on my lap, which he considered to be HIS territory.

Afterwards, we realized, we had gotten him far too soon, he had been neutered only 3 or 4 weeks before, and still had far too much testosteron to be a social cat. We got him back last Tuesday, after spending over 2 months in the rescue, and he is a different cat. Little Connor now lords it over him.

lunasmommy8

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome! What a brood!

I enjoyed learning about all of your cats' and their personalities!!!

I'm a new person myself, so its nice to meet someone else that's new.

Amanda