The Big Guy And The Sensitive Tummy Girl

cle12000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello All, I am having an issue with food for my 2 cats. My best bud Oliver has a bit of a weight issue, he is a 22 lbs ginger. I'm trying to find him a food that help him lose weight. He doesn't like wet food, only dry.

I also have a sweet but very vocal Calico, Cali. She has stomach issues and can't eat most foods. They make her vomit and have diarrhea. The current food we have her on now is Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Moderate Calorie which seems to work well for her.

The problem is, Oliver and Cali love each other. and I mean love. If everyone loved each other the way these 2 do, the world would be a wonderful place. They won't eat out of different bowls and they tend to like to eat together. So, I have had both cats on the RC Gastro food. Well Cali is fine, it doesn't help Oliver with weight, it's actually made him gain a bit more.

Would anyone have any suggestions on a food that would be ok for Cali's stomach, as well as help Oliver with his weight? We also tried the RC Gastro Fiber Response but it doesn't sit so well with Cali's stomach.

I'm hesitant if there even is such a food but hoping maybe someone else has had this issue and has a magic food that works. Thanks for your help!

Just as an add-on to this, I've been told by a couple people that they recommend, Instinct Ultimate Protein Natural, do y'all know anything about this fod and think it would be ok on Cali's stomach?

Last edited by a moderator:

KatsPurrrsians

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven’t personally tried either of these foods with my cat’s but I know other breeders and pet owners who swear by them. I believe the Royal Canin is only available with a rx but it might be worth mentioning to your vet, as the reviews indicate it’s pretty palatable and would benefit both of your babies. I’ve used a number of different Blue foods and all my cat’s love the taste so maybe your picky eater will like it as well...? Both are specifically made for sensitive stomachs and have pretty good reviews from what I read. If you end up trying trying either out let us know how it goes.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I can say is to try try try to get him on canned food. He is at major risk for diabetes, renal failure and urinary blockage. Have you had his bloodwork checked in the past 6-12 months? I would urge you to do that also.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cle12000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Trying to get him on some wet food. What a picky eater he is. Cali with the bad stomach seems to eat anything but can't.