The best Christmas present ever: I got a job!

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't believe it! I was just offered a real job by the paper I do some freelance work for. It's only until August, but the paper is supposedly going to hire more regular staff in the near future, so I think I may even have a chance for a permanent position. I did my internship in the same paper. The people are really nice and the work interesting. It's all good.

Somebody pinch me, this kind of stuff just doesn't happen to me. And just yesterday they said on the news that media people have serious trouble getting employment, and I got really depressed. Hah, in your face, news guy!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!!! I hope they realize they have a good person working for them and hire you on full time!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!
I went to the office yesterday to sign the contract and everyone was so nice. People kept hugging me and that's a big deal here, most Finns are pretty reserved when it comes to touching others. I got the impression the other reporters and the lady in charge of layout and traffic had been lobbying for me.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Celebrating your wonderful news with you!! And sending you a good, old-fashioned California hug to go along with your Finnish ones! I am so HAPPY FOR YOU