The best cat food??

tricias_petz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey, I am wondering if I can get opinions on the best brand of cat food.

I like to feed as naturally as possible.. Right now I'm feeding a mixture of Felidae canned food, Prism dried, and Amore Chicken and Vegetable raw.

I really want to get them off of the dried stuff.. It is so nasty! Blue also has a slightly picky stomach.. She barfs up all dry food! So this mixture has really helped....

So, what do you feed? What have you found to be the best?

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is no real best. A good food is a high-quality food that your cat will eat. Personally, I have my cat on Felidae wet, and if she'll eat it (which she most likely will. it comes tomorrow so we'll see), I'll alternate it with innova evo wet for variety.

It sounds like you're feeding them a good quality (and variety) already.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CommonOddity042

There is no real best. A good food is a high-quality food that your cat will eat. Personally, I have my cat on Felidae wet, and if she'll eat it (which she most likely will. it comes tomorrow so we'll see), I'll alternate it with innova evo wet for variety.

It sounds like you're feeding them a good quality (and variety) already.
I have to agree

The best is the one that is good enough quality that your comfortable and kitty will eat ... at my house there are many brands of canned Nutro dry and raw from two different companies ....

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am inclinded to agree with the others. Sounds like your feeding good there.

we have a large mix here, lol

Natures Variety/Homemade Raw for Our IBD girl

Solid Gold dry/chicken Soup for the cat lovers soul dry for our other kitties

As well as Daily Meow Mix Pouches for everyone but the IBD girl. it may sound odd but i am pretty happy with the ingridents in the Meow Mix packets, and even my PICKY girl will eat them

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed nutro wet and kibble and dry. Skittles just got home from the vet and he said she is in great health.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

As well as Daily Meow Mix Pouches for everyone but the IBD girl. it may sound odd but i am pretty happy with the ingridents in the Meow Mix packets, and even my PICKY girl will eat them
I agree - Harley LOVES the Meow Mix wet pouches, and prefers wet now over dry

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tricias_petz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm glad I'm feeding them properly!

I figured that there wasn't a real best... But just wanted to see what you all thought!

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have noticed that almost no one feeds their fur babies Science Diet foods. Is it really that bad? Stewie eats it and does not seem to have any problem with it. Should I switch to other foods? I only have access to Petsmart around here, so is there anything good there? Anywhere I can buy them online?

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I agree - Harley LOVES the Meow Mix wet pouches, and prefers wet now over dry
LOL..i know my friends were all SHOCKED when I said Meow Mix, and I bought in the same sentance, lol til i showed them the ingridents list.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by watchcaddy

I have noticed that almost no one feeds their fur babies Science Diet foods. Is it really that bad? Stewie eats it and does not seem to have any problem with it. Should I switch to other foods? I only have access to Petsmart around here, so is there anything good there? Anywhere I can buy them online?
IMO science diet is mostly fillers, grains, and icky stuff. and they bill themselves as a preimum food. So thats bugs me. But without going into to much of a rant.

Petsmart has some fairly good foods,

The new Blue Spa, is said to be really good.
Nutro is one many feed.

for online ordering, you could go to
www.petfooddirect.com