The bat

iceover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I posted a recent thread about a bat I found in my apt the other day. Because it was found in an unsual spot(my 1st floor apt where no windows were open) acting injured, found in daylight and had been alone with my cat for at least 12 hours before I found it, I sent it to be rabies tested.

After a lot of worry (despite a vaccinated cat) it came back negative today.

I just wanted to post for this poor bat (I love bats along with most animals) who died so I could be sure my cat (and I) had not been exposed to rabies, while all it probably wanted was to get back outside.

It may not have been a pet, but if it finds itself at the Rainbow Bridge it can wait and cross with me and mine.

prissykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poor bat : ( We catch bats in the sticky fly traps at the barn every now and then. it's pretty sad : (

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad your kitty will be ok. How sweet of you to post for this little bat. I'm sure it is at peace now.

salem cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You have a good heart iceover! I am really touched by your thread for the bat! I'm sure he'll be a happy bat flying around RB, and he understands why he had to die.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by iceover

It may not have been a pet, but if it finds itself at the Rainbow Bridge it can wait and cross with me and mine.
this brought tears to my eyes - bless you

glad you are all okay - but yes
RIP mr bat

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you for caring for the little bat!! Even if it didn't have rabies, it was more than likely sick, and I'd like to think that PTS was the merciful thing to do. With all the worry about West Nile virus, bats are being decimated both by starvation when their foodsource is eradicated as well as by being poisoned by eating treated insects. I, too, like bats; they remind me of little mice with wings. Now you have a little bat angel over RB looking down at you; our TCS cats over RB must be amazed!
Hugs, Susan

enigma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love bats and think it was so sweet of you to put him in this thread. RIP little bat, i am sure whereever he is, he is ripping through the sky forever.