The Arabian Mau and Shirazi Cat

shirazi1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Since living in the Middle East I have discovered these gorgeous new breeds and been around them quite a bit and thought I would share more about their personalities. Arabian Maus are everywhere here are what you call a street cat. They are pretty wild, but so pretty. They are tough bc they have to be. People are really not kind to them :/ They dig in the trash for food, search for water and kill pigeon's for dinner. I have taken in a few that needed a home and they have really great personalities. They are super smart and LOVE to play and cuddle. I had one that would roll my sons toy car back to him when he pushed it to her, so smart. They have all kinds of stuff though like ring worm and eye issues and just pass it all around.

The shirazi is a mix of a Mau and Persian and beautiful. They are like queens who like to be pampered. You know the cat that likes to sleep a lot and cuddle and play very little. Very different from the Mau.

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for sharing that!  It's sad to hear of the poor treatment the street kitties receive, but I know it happens, and you can't adopt them all.  Your Bunny is just about one of the prettiest and sweetest kitties I have ever seen!  I'm in love with her!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I understand there are groups who do "export" such saved arabian maus.   This programme is not anything for breeders, they are vet checked and spayed alike cats for a well run shelter.

The arabian mau is recognized by an association based in Germany, so it is a nowaday recognized breed.

Tx for the report, Shirazi.  You are welcome to tell more about them..   both AM and Shirazi.