Thanx

lulutaylor

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanx to everyone that answered my post. As I can see there are some very friendly and totally kool people here
I will try to find a Persian Cat book, to get more helpful hints. Is it true that there are two different kinds of Persian Cats?? The ones with there nose "smushed" in, and the ones with there nose lower and out more? My Ash doesn´t have a "smushed" nose. I don´t think his nose and eyes will run as much as the other ones. But heyyy what do I know, Ã'm a first-timer. Thanx again.

very kool

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to the site! I'm glad you found us here.

There are 2 kinds of Persians. The smushed faced ones are "Extreme" and the ones with noses are "Doll Faced." The standard for the breed is still the Extreme, but since they are so prone to sinus and eye problems the Doll Faced Persians are growning in popularity. Personally, I think the Doll Faced Persians are just adorable, but that's just me.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't agree more! The doll faced Persians are more beautiful, in my opinion. I hope the Persian fanciers realize what is happening to their breed's well being, and (in my opinion, again) breed up to longer noses. Of course, the show standard now calls for the smushed face.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lulu:

Don't forget to jump in on some of our threads over in the Lounge. In there, just about any topic goes, and it's really where we get to know one another.

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lulu, my persians are one of each, smushed (I LOVE that word) and non-smushed.

They both have about equally runny eyes, so I'm not sure if it makes a whole lot of difference.