Terra has an attitude problem

manicmanny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat terra has a bit of a colorful personality. When she was a kitten, she was loving, playful, cuddly, and spontaneous. During a period after I got her, i had to spend some time away from the home due to some personal issues. When i was finally getting things together, i picked her up and moved her to my mother's house. This i had an issue with as my mother had 5 cats.
Terra bonded quickly with two of the other cats... but the others were very nervous around her (i believe she is an alpha). Since moving, she will chase other cats. I am unsure if this is playing or fighting.
Now i feel like my cat has an attitude problem. Constantly hissing at me, my mom, her bf, my dog, the walls. She growls when you pet her, but if you don't then she will follow you to pet her and rub up on you.

I really need to fix this issue and i cannot seem to find what her issue is.

Any suggestions?

grrr cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Take her to the vet to rule out a health issue.  If she was hissing before it could explain why she is now.

michaelmperez

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Usually cats which grow up without any contact with their peers are under the influenec of undersocialization.  They may react strongly when he's finally introduced to naother cat not knowing the other feline. He lacks social skills too.