Temptations Addiction???

spiritscript

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is completely addicted to these, as many others are, I hear! HOW do you get your cats to start eating can food again? Thank you ALL so very much!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat is only really addicted to the catnip flavored Temptations. The others he is okay about. I only give them for a treat though. Do you mean that your cat is refusing all other food but the treats?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spiritscript

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is only really addicted to the catnip flavored Temptations. The others he is okay about. I only give them for a treat though. Do you mean that your cat is refusing all other food but the treats?
Yes, he is refusing other foods. Though we stopped the Temptations yesterday and he did eat a bit of can food tonight. Thank you!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Have you tried heating the wet food in the microwave? This makes it smellier, which cats find appetizing.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We accidentally stumbled across the solution for our Temptations-addicted kitty when we got some free pouches of Applaws, which is pretty much just shredded meat. They don't contain taurine (or at least they didn't at that time), and are only intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding. But they helped us get through the Temptations withdrawal within two or three days. :-)

Hope you find something soon that works for you and your kitty!

spiritscript

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We accidentally stumbled across the solution for our Temptations-addicted kitty when we got some free pouches of Applaws, which is pretty much just shredded meat. They don't contain taurine (or at least they didn't at that time), and are only intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding. But they helped us get through the Temptations withdrawal within two or three days. :)

Hope you find something soon that works for you and your kitty!
I never heard of it! Thank you!

spiritscript

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Some people crumble the Temptations and sprinkle it lightly on top of wet food or mix it in with the wet food.
No! But I will today! Thank you!

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Forgot to mention...

Some people have had some success with sprinkling Purina Fortiflora or Parmesan cheese on their cat's wet food to tempt them to eat it. We just weren't one of those success stories. :wink:

But we have had some luck with PureBites freeze-dried treats when Buddy doesn't feel well and isn't interested in eating. We just crush a little bit with our fingers and sprinkle it over his food like it's magic pixie dust, and that seems to perk up his appetite. :)

Burlews

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dry food is good for their teeth and canned food helps hydrate so maybe offer couple dry bits of regular food with couple bits of treats and either taper to zero or only couple a day.. Or try canned food/dry food in same flavor as the treat was? I've heard with children "when they are hungry they will eventually eat" and same with cats, but I'd try other suggestions if your baby is still on strike not eating longer than a day.. They are like teenagers and younger kids and will test us, I know for a fact they will.. Routine is key and moderation is key.. Also through great trial and error I've learned if you're not willing to do it daily its best not to start because they're just like us and habit and yummy stuff is better than walking to bowl or chewing or whatever they'd have to do otherwise.. Haha

convert94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is completely addicted to these, as many others are, I hear! HOW do you get your cats to start eating can food again? Thank you ALL so very much!
We had to slowly wean her off them completely, she wouldn't eat anything else and virtually begged for them so we decided there must be something addictive in them and that would not be good, now she eats Blackwood kibble and treats are foil packets of FF Broths and/or Delectables