Teething suggestions?

Falena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all,
sorry if this is in the wrong category, I wasn't sure where to put it.
My kitten is teething and was wondering if teething specific toys were worth getting for him?
He has plenty of toys but I've caught him chewing on the wooden table corners and plastic hinges of cat carriers etc far more than any toys I've got.
I'm not really bothered by it, but it does look kind of painful and I don't want him hurting his gums.
So I was wondering if anyone has had any luck or interest with some of the tougher feeling teething kitten toys?
Recommendations would be highly appreciated! 😊

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
Try taking a clean washcloth (well rinsed if you dried it with a scented dryer sheet) dampen it and partially freeze it. The cold should help ease any mouth discomfort :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Falena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi
Try taking a clean washcloth (well rinsed if you dried it with a scented dryer sheet) dampen it and partially freeze it. The cold should help ease any mouth discomfort :)
Oh that's a brilliant idea, thank you so much! Would I use that like a compress or just kinda leave him to chew at it?
You can try a Kitty Kong toy: Kitty KONG | KONG Company Or a small dog Kong toy.
Ah! Perfect, I can definitely get the teeny toy breed puppy Kongs locally, I didn't even know they made one for cats. But I'll definitely give either a try, Thank you!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi he hopefully takes it and literally chews it, --you might want two or three handy depending on what he thinks if it :)

jamie_02

1 kitty ; 1 year old cat named quinn <3
Young Cat
Purraise
as he likes chewing on wood, i would recommend silvervine sticks !! i used them for my kitty quinn when she was younger and she loved them, they also have a similar effect like catnip when ingested or played with, depends on the cat but mine got crazy zoomies after playing with them, she still does haha

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Falena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi he hopefully takes it and literally chews it, --you might want two or three handy depending on what he thinks if it :)
OK, perfect! I've put a couple in the freezer just now to try and we'll see how he enjoys them. Thanks again ☺
as he likes chewing on wood, i would recommend silvervine sticks !! i used them for my kitty quinn when she was younger and she loved them, they also have a similar effect like catnip when ingested or played with, depends on the cat but mine got crazy zoomies after playing with them, she still does haha
Ah yes! I can get silvervine sticks at the same place that sells the kongs. I'll definitely get some of those too! My bigger kitten will probably appreciate those too, honestly. So we'll be in for a bit of a party I'm sure :lol:
Thank you for the recommendation!