Teeth Extraction

Gwengregory

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat had 12 teeth out in March and she still seems to be in pain what can I do she has had anti inflammatory in her food for a month !!! She is half feral but now she lives indoors she’s lost her confidence. What can I do about her pain in her mouth

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm sorry that your cat is having difficulty after having 12 teeth extracted. Just out of curiosity, what type of food is she eating, e.g. wet, dry, raw? Is she having trouble eating her food? I would definitely contact your vet. I would not expect her to be in pain this long. Did she get any antibiotics after the procedure? Please call your vet and keep us updated on her progress. :alright: Best of luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gwengregory

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Neely. She has wet food and eats that she enjoys no trouble eating it. Before eating it she clearly shows signs of pain. She had antibiotics after the procedure but she went into the campo for 2 weeks then came back nearly starving !!! We live in Spain. The pain I is not consistent but always in the morning and before she eats

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for answering my question(s). :thanks: I'm glad she enjoys eating her wet food. I wonder if this is a new problem triggered by the teeth extraction or related to the procedure. Either way I would definitely call your vet and explain her symptoms to them. Please keep us posted and let us know how she's doing.

Lya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Was she outdoor often? Well duh for me, I guess since you said half feral. Maybe this could be a reaction to being indoors? What makes you think she could be in pain?

This is not 100% relatable, but a stray dog would walk home with me and eventually we tried to adopt her; the thing is whenever she was in the house for longer than I day she would act strange and sometimes even refusing to eat until she saw the change to go outside again, maybe she's kinda reacting this way but obviously cat's act different, just a theory!