Teen Cat Acting In Heat?

Mama to the crew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Ami turned 1 in june and was spayed in April i Believe she was 7-9 months at the time i can't remember right off. I know for a fact she was correctly spayed but here in the past few months she been rolling around on the floor like she in heat. None of the other females do this not even Sami her twin who was fixed at the same time. I'm wondering if its just attention seeking behavior or what. She never been a cuddly cat to on the go but she not anti social either so i'm wondering if its her way of channeling her energy to stay in one place toget some lovings. Oh she is one of the more vocal cats we have but its not heat calls or anything just you know talking

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes the vet can miss a bit of ovarian tissue that releases just enough hormones to make a cat go into heat. But usually she shows all the signs of heat.

Does she do the crouch that cats in heat do, with her tail to the side? If it's just the rolling she might be trying to be cute or get attention, but if she's really acting like she's in heat you should contact the vet to see what they recommend.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mama to the crew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Its just the rolling and rubbing up on things sometimes she flips or stands sorta on her head. I honestly think its her being cute because i always laugh at her antics and to not knock things off. She and her twin are starting to fill out their adult forms. So maybe its just her figuring out life