Teary Eyed And Dirty Claws?

Papertora

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I'm taking care of a cat (skittles) for a friend an I've noticed that Skittles has gotten teary eyed with some mucus and her claws look nasty!

Note that I have 2 other cats and they don't have any problems. I'm unable to go to a vet until Monday and I would like to know how to help her?

SiameseMummy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poor thing, those eyes look sore!

Definitely looks like some kind of infection. If it were my kitty I would try and get her seen over the weekend but maybe another member has something advice if that is not possible.

Her nails look like perhaps an incomplete declaw but a bit difficult to tell from the pic (they may just be really overgrown). I'm sure the vet can tell when she's in for her eyes.

Is she seeming to be in any pain? Do you know how old she is?

How kind you are for taking your friends cat to the vets! I don't know how long you're looking after her for but you are clearly a wonderful person and great cat mum!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Papertora

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's only a yr old and we'll be taking care of her for 4 month (1 month in now)

I cleaned her claws, it seems she just got filth stuck to them and couldn't get it off.
Her eyes are still a problem, definitely getting her to a vet soon. I'm working mornings this weekend which is why I can't take her.