Tear Stain Remover Advice!

JulesB86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

I have a white/faun persian kitty who has stubborn tear stains since we came back from vacation. We recently bought tear stain remover (Beaphar - disodiumtetraborate) to help. The instructions said to liberally soak cotton wool which we did but some got in her eye. I just read it can cause painful irritation so we have rinsed her eye with water. Shocked they would even sell something for days eyes when it can cause irritation!!

Any other tips on how I can help her little eye? She seems okay/eye looks okay but you know cats don't usually show any pain.
Anything else I can do for her?? Really worried for her

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

I have a white/faun persian kitty who has stubborn tear stains since we came back from vacation. We recently bought tear stain remover (Beaphar - disodiumtetraborate) to help. The instructions said to liberally soak cotton wool which we did but some got in her eye. I just read it can cause painful irritation so we have rinsed her eye with water. Shocked they would even sell something for days eyes when it can cause irritation!!

Any other tips on how I can help her little eye? She seems okay/eye looks okay but you know cats don't usually show any pain.
Anything else I can do for her?? Really worried for her
If she's acting okay, seems fine...she probably is. I don't really buy that cat's hide pain thing.
You've gotten shots before, Stings a little.
Try poking your cat in the rump with a needle and tell me they don't feel pain. :lol:

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is that your white Persian in your avatar? So regal-looking. What’s her name?

If her eye is not red or tearing, I don’t think it’s bothering her. My kitty Java gets more tearing and staining on her white face when she’s about to get a URI. Maybe your baby is trying to tell you something?