TCS users...Do you prefer Petco or Petsmart?

Do you prefer to shop at Petco or Petsmart?

• Petco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Petsmart

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always go to Petco because it is closer to home. If I was closer to Petsmart, I would go there. The only way to decide if one is better or not is live an equal distance from both stores.

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I chose Petsmart because their litter is cheaper and I do like their cat adoption center. Their pet boarding is nice too (in comparison to many others I've seen). The store by my parents is very clean and all the animals are very well taken cared for.

Whilte Petco has the food I feed my cats (though I buy it through amazon), I am not impressed with the way they take care of the animals at all
When did Petsmart start boarding pets? I had never heard of that service before.

Why don't you think Petco takes good care of the animals? Every time I go there a dog is being groomed.
I voted for Petco.  It's the only option locally I have.  They have some pet shops and a PetSmart in Springfield but its hardly worth the drive for any savings.  Plus, I've checked online and the prices are pretty much the same.  So, other than Walmart, Petco is my only option... And Petco has the far superior food selection. 

Also, they have cats for adoption 24/7 there and they really push people to give kindly out of their hearts for their adoption cats... A toy or treats or food.  Most places really push dogs and not so much cats.  But my local Petco seems to be geared in favor of the felines... Dogs are available on weekends but cats are there all the time!!  And they do pretty good, too.  No one cat seems to be there longer than a week without being adopted... They do NOT send to kill shelters or euthanize themselves.  It's all adoptions!
I always thought only Petsmart had a cat adoption center. My Petco frequently hosts animal rescue groups (they call them "adoption events"), but it has no resident cats.

Question: Does Petsmart have a litter station where you can fill a bucket for less than the cost of a 20-pound box? The Petco near me has it. I never used it because the only kind of litter I ever had was Scoop Away.

revenwyn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Neither. The only pet store in our area sells animals and I won't go there (I once saw a puppy dead in the cage in its own refuse). Amazingly, the store hasn't been shut down even though apparently this is a common occurrence. All we have otherwise is Walmart.

Last edited:

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neither. The only pet store in our area sells animals and I won't go there (I once saw a puppy dead in the cage in its own refuse). Amazingly, the store hasn't been shut down even though apparently this is a common occurrence. All we have otherwise is Walmart.
I would have reported that to the HSUS, which is battling Petland in court over the sales of sick and disabled puppies.

Doesn't your grocery store have a pet food section?

revenwyn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Food and litter yes, supplies, no, and no premium foods. Only stuff like Meow Mix or store brand.

melesine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't buy food or litter from either of them. I don't have a preference as if I'm there it's usually for toys for the dogs or flea prevention.