TC Feline + home-cooked recipe

Callaloo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have experience with using TC feline for home-cooked food? I'm not sure I'm ready to take the plunge into raw again. The TC Feline website has a recipe for cooked food. My issue is that they say "my feeding trials are entirely based on feeding meat raw, and that I possess no data on the premix or recipe being fed with cooked meat for any long term." So I was wondering if anyone has information on using TC Feline or any other premix for that matter in cooked food for the long term and not just as a transition to raw.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:wave3:
lisahe lisahe mentioned once that you can use Alnutrin or EZ Complete with cooked meat for a balanced diet. I am not familiar with using TC Feline with cooked meats, but if you wanted to see about using another pre-mix that might be compatible with a cooked diet, they might be something to look at.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:wave3:
lisahe lisahe mentioned once that you can use Alnutrin or EZ Complete with cooked meat for a balanced diet. I am not familiar with using TC Feline with cooked meats, but if you wanted to see about using another pre-mix that might be compatible with a cooked diet, they might be something to look at.
I do, indeed, use both with cooked meat! And our cats really enjoy both. Both Alnutrin and EZ Complete will send samples: it's worth requesting those since some cats can be picky about their food. (Ha!)

For Alnutrin, I use the version with eggshell calcium. Alnutrin also requires adding liver. Alnutrin is very reasonably riced.

EZ Complete is more expensive but it's more complete -- you don't have to add liver! It also includes a pancreas ingredient that our vet is very happy about.

Our cats get one meal a day of each kind of food.