Taterbug (member) needs vibes--she lost Lil BIt today

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been on here in years but taterbug is my mom and she is having a really rough time of having to let go of Lil Bit today.  Please send healing vibes her way.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Nice to see you post Farrah, but I wish it were under other circumstances. :(. I'm so sorry about Lil Bit. Sending many :vibes::vibes::vibes: to your mother.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone, and especially you Farrah. Never in my life have I ever had to do anything as hard as this was...and still is.Lil Bit crossed the bridge at 1:30 pm on Nov. 15, 2012. She was diagnose a year and a half ago with squamous cell carcinoma of her third eyelid. It was removed and it was thought that it was caught in time, but it returned on the back of her eyelid and behind her eye and surgery was not an option. It was horrendous because it didn't affect her physical health, she never stopped eating or drinking and never showed any signs of pain. She behaved and was as active as she had ever been. That's what made it so hard to let her go. I tried taking her in for two weeks, but could never get out the door with her. I so didn't want to let her go....and her other human (my youngest daughter) kept pleading "please wait just one more day momma"....and that didn't help either. So, Wed. night when I got in from work, I knew it was time. I sat with her in my lap all night, waiting for the vet to open. She was purring up a storm and she kept putting her little paw on my hand, and I hope she was telling me it was OK. We arrived at the vet at 8 a.m., but she was in surgery. I was given the option of leaving her, or coming back later, so I took her back later. I am such a sorry petmom, I should have taken her sooner, wish I could have carried her in my arms to the vet, instead of putting her in her carrier, and I always believed I could be with her in the end. But, I couldn't do it. If she had meowed, struggled, or even seemed to want to leave, I would have grabbed her up and ran. But it is done, and I know I did the right thing. But I still feel like a muderer, like I betrayed her, like I don't deserve to even have any pets......She was my best friend, and I miss her terribly. I will write a tribute for her one day soon, but I can't do it now. Sorry for the long post.