Tasty renal food

guy_c

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

My cat Dingi needs a renal diet.

He suffers form a chronic ache in the mouth (and underwent mouth surgery to extract his teeth).

He has a difficult taste and (I think) may dangerously starve if not given the tasty and not mouth irritating food.

He likes very much Athena cannes but these has no renal food and I really dont want him to precociously die out of malfunctioning kidneys

So, my question is what tasty and renal and not mouth irritating food would can you recommend? It does not need to be wet food and he does like sometimes the dry KD by Hills

Thanks in advance for your time

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would stick with an all wet diet. Fancy feast classic pates are usually pretty popular. If u haven’t I would try those.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

guy_c

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What country are you in? I've never heard of Athena canned food.
Try the list here: Tanya's Comprehensive Guide to Feline Chronic Kidney Disease - Cat Food Data Tables Overview Only the US food lists are available, which may not be helpful if you live in another country. That web site has a forum where you can ask about foods available in your country: support groups.io Group
Thank you ! Athena is of German origin and we are in Israel. Ill look into your suggested site
I would stick with an all wet diet. Fancy feast classic pates are usually pretty popular. If u haven’t I would try those.
Thanks, we do have Fancy Feast but Dingi does not like it ... and I don't like Purina! their food is dangerous for neutered males and they do mot mention it
IMG_20200518_182348.jpg

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I believe the TCS site owner Anne Anne is in Israel but I don't know if she knows of any suitable foods for a kidney cat :think: Definitely join that CRF group and ask about foods.

Do you have Zooplus or other pet supply web site available in your country? That may be one way to buy suitable kidney-friendly and palatable foods from.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Unfortunately, I'm not an expert on local cat food, sorry! My 18-year-old cat is on a strict diet for his bladder issues which works well for him - but I don't know much about other types locally. Talk to your veterinarian though, they may know a suitable food as well as an affordable local supplier.