Tassee Pooping Outside Her Box

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she poops outside her box even though we change her every other day she only does it mainly at night we did change to tidy cat because it s easier to handle she used to be on fresh step I think we have to go back to fresh step I wonder what wouild happen if we went to multi cat even though she is the only one

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Add a second box? Or another box if you already have more then one. The suggested amount is one per cat plus one extra. So if she is your only cat you should have 2 boxes.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, I agree with Jen. Cats often won't poo where they wee... They might do it initially and then for some reason they just decided it can't be done.:rolleyes2:
Try that first.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
she poops outside her box even though we change her every other day
Did you mean to type "every day" instead of "every other day". If it's every other day, she might be protesting a dirty litter box. So as already suggested, a second litter box might solve the problem. Or try to clean it more often.

It could be the change in litter too. The "recommendation" is to mix in the new litter with the old, when you change litters. So maybe if you prefer Tidy Cat, just buy the Fresh Step again, so you can mix it with the Tidy Cat, until it's all Tidy Cat litter in the the litter box.

Here's a few TCS article with more info that may be helpful:
How Many Litterboxes Should You Have?
When And How To Switch To A New Type Of Litter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
now she also starting to poop in my lift up chair we are reaaly running out of ideas we really don't want to get rid of her but she isn't making it easy she didn't start till a month ago ive had for a yr

I really want to keep her

im starting to change it daily

Last edited by a moderator: