tassee peeing everywhere

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
this is not the first this has happened she has clean litter box we change it daily or every other day but we check it daily there are no other animals in the house its only her she wont go out when there snow thats where she usually goes she usally does right in front of us i want to keep her but shes not making it very easy please help her

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my first guess would be she might not like the litter type your using for her or the litter box is to small also is she drinking enough water to need to pee?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has she been to the vet recently? Everyone else can offer behavioral advice. But in my experience, the only times my Krista ever went outside her box, they were always related to her health: arthritis, teeth (she was peeing my walls as a cry for help), lymphoma, and a bladder infection. In each case, when the underlying health condition was treated, she returned to her normal litterbox habits.

I would start with a vet visit.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. So, are you saying she normally goes outside to pee, but won't when there is snow? That being the case, and assuming she isn't 'new' to your home, has this happened in previous years, or is this the first time? If it has happened in previous years the same way, then adding a litter box with dirt in it (or, whatever would replicate her outside bathroom) might be the answer. If not, then - yes, the vet visit is the next obvious path to pursue. Looking for a urinary tract infection or some other health related issue.

What happens at these times with her pooping? And, btw, how old is she?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she wont drink from water bowl but she always drinks from the bathroom sinherk when she wants it she really gets angry so that means she wants water so either me and my mom have to go and turn it on for her she takes almost three minutes to get her tummy full

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
shes 8 yrs old weve had her 4 yrs we rescued her she wasnt bought up very nicely so i guess we rescued her she has been doing this for couple of weeks she nos that shes been bad shill run and hide sometimes she isnt very people friendly i have a feeling she might have been abused

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i wish we couild take her in but me and mom are retired and we just dont have the money to get her checked it wouild take calling a home vet and 3 hundred dollars we have a vet near by but shes more nervouse with cats

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately utis are common in cats and that does require a vet trip. You can try in the mean time to add an extra litter box with cat attract litter and feed her more wet food (non fish) to see if that will help. I would also google low cost vet clinics near me and see what's available. Do you mean she has never used the litter box and only has gone outside? You can actually try Dr elsey's touch of outdoors, or other grass cat litter like Smartcat all natural clumping :)

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know it is tough to read all the responses you get and be able to process them and then respond; but, I would like to see answers to more of my questions before I feel able to offer any more information. In case you missed it, it is Post #4 above.

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she has always used the litter box we are going to try a different litter