Tassee Drinking Out Of Faucet

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
tassee didn't start doing this til a couple months ago she really loves the facet I don't think she drinks so much water out of her bowl anymore

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She will likely continue enjoying it until you decide its gross having a cat in the sink/tub!

Not judging my friend; been there! Its super cute...for a while.

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:hithere:The bathroom sink is my cat's favorite place to be. She hugs the faucet and looks at us with pleading eyes till we turn it on a bit for her. She drinks a little, plays a little and we shut it off. No biggie.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOTS of cats love faucets. Mine loves the toilet, and has learned to lift the lid. I now have the cleanest toilet in 5 states. If her fascination is with moving water, she just might LOVE a fountain!

RufusGizmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i have four cats, three are obsessed with running water from sink, and or tub. one of the cats actually gets angry when i don't put it on for at least a couple minutes, and he drinks out of the sink. the only problem is if i walk out of the room, and forget that it is on. and, now when I try to get ready for work and go into the bathroom, three come running in with me, hoping for some running water, and that is pretty obnoxious. but, I guess its harmless

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2 cat fountains and a rock fountain for my cats to drink from. Sonny will use them but still demands water from my bathroom sink in the morning and at night when I get ready for bed. I now have to brush my teeth in our guest bathroom or powder room.

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mizu is the same way, catlover73. Two bowls and a fountain (that she uses) but she still hasn't lost any interest in the sinks.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a water loving cat. He now has a fountian. Lately he has been getting on the storage shelf next to the pedastool sink and begging for water. I have been ignoring him and i will be blocking access to it by putting stuff to block him from jumping up there.

Once a month I clean my fountain (removing the hair from pump) and changing out the filter cartridge. It looks like a mini-Britta filter.

The good news? My water obsessed cat pees huge clumps, so less chance of UTIs.

RufusGizmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
we had a water fountain but it was super hard to clean. anyone know of a good, easy to clean one? my cats would love that

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have this one:
I don't find it difficult to clean. You unplug it, pull the central red tower part off and clean that. Underneath is a black motor, a piece of filter that goes around the motor and the filter casing. I rinse the filter that goes around the motor, empty the filter casing and wash it a little, replace the filter if needed and put the parts back. Then I just clean the ceramic base. Honestly, the whole thing takes 5 minutes. Maybe.

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Grey cat's favorite place is in the sink. He used to only drink from it, until we got him a fountain (newstarxy fountain from amazon) and stopped giving him sink water. But he still regularly sleeps there when he isn't on the windowsill or under the bed ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
that fountain might be good but are there any cheaper ones they have

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she used to drink out of tub also

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
RajaNMizu RajaNMizu I just purchased the round version of that one - and you're right E edie56 , they are a tad pricey. I was willing to pay it because I'm hoping it convinces my 13 year old boy to stay on the floor. The landing when he jumps down from the counter is too hard on his shoulders/joints.
It's good to hear that cleaning isn't a hassle :)!

Here, if you scroll down the page a little, there are other options listed

Drinkwell 360 Stainless Steel Pet Fountain, 1-gal

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom I really hope it works out for you! Mizu really is the fountain lover of the group. Only recently has Raja become brave enough to try drinking out of it. She'll probably always love her bowl but at least she tried drinking out of the basin. Most guests don't even realize it's for the cats.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Most guests don't even realize it's for the cats.
LOL, I could believe that, it's very nice!
Thank you for the good wishes! I've had to lift him off the kitchen counter and set him in front of it a couple times, it looks like he'll get the hang of it after a bit, I hope :crossfingers: