Tamed stray walkabout

deebotha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. I'm hoping for some reassurance. I have tamed a stray and he's comfortably been living in my house with his new family. He didn't come home last night and now has me very worried. Do they still go on walkabouts even though they are spayed and tamed? He's about two years old and has been living with us for 5 months now. Thanks!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi @deebotha  Yes, they sometimes do. Most of mine are former ferals and if they manage to get out of their enclosure they're usually gone for a day or two. I have one cat that takes off for up to a week at a time if he can get out.

Do you still live in the same area that he used to be a stray in? If he knows his way around I don't think there is any need to worry just yet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

deebotha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the words of encouragement. We don't live in the same area, he's been living in his nee place for five months now, four of which he has been outside. He has gone on exploratory trips before but never for longer than a few hours. He's now been gone for almost 24...and it's winter to boot, so am concerned but know he's probably more resourceful than I give him credit for. Haven't seen a body anywhere so am taking that as a positive sign as well. Thanks again for your feedback!